top 10 objection

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

User avatar
requiem
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:27 pm
Location: koko ni inai doko demo ni iru...
Contact:

Post by requiem » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:52 pm

Der Idiot wrote:check the mirror
I never would expect someone with a nick like yours saying something like that. 8O :-D

@ all:

While Petriw's solution proves to be wonderful, it still has some flaws.

For starters, Petriw's divinity does not flow out because he was born that way. In fact, the great I (ORESAMA!!!) just happened to - with the wink of an eye - establish such an aura within him. Being that I compliment this world's balance with the flesh of perfection, as well as the ultimate powers that are capable of easily transforming this entire universe in its greatness into a mere hair upon the gluteus maximus of said persona status quota yadda yadda it is best that I intervene here as to express my will in its utmost.

AniDB's system in general has to all be directed at me.

There will be no anime for you to watch - just me. My picture will replace all of the logos, and there will be only 1 title to watch - to have to guess what it is would mean that you will exist no more before you finish this sentence.

There will be no voting for you to make - you will give a 10 to me.

Reviewing will consist of 10's in all categories, and continuous praise of me.

Rubber duckies float in the bathtub, while my feet wrinkle up because water can really suck.

I hate carrot cake.

Haruhi isn't the only anime that's ever been made, let alone good.

All of the staff will exist no longer as separate individuals, but rather one entity completely obedient to my discretion.

My feet hurt.

With that said, I have expressed my intent, and will deem it so when the time is right. I will not apologize for having those who dared to read my words stare upon the truth that shall come to be.

In the meantime, or for the next 1000 years of my reign over the universe, I would like to say that AniDB's voting system is absolutely fine, and nobody needs to change it. The Top 10 are there for a reason, and besides me permitting it is also the fact that the general opinion claims these animes are good - and that's the way it should be. It is a good system that is fair to all individuals, despite the lack of consideration for the Greatest, namely myself. :P

User avatar
Trilandian
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:29 am
Location: Israel

Post by Trilandian » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:07 pm

Der Idiot wrote:check the mirror
Dude, you're a freakin' asshole! :evil:

User avatar
requiem
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:27 pm
Location: koko ni inai doko demo ni iru...
Contact:

Post by requiem » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:03 pm

Trilandian wrote:
Der Idiot wrote:check the mirror
Dude, you're a freakin' asshole! :evil:
He was teasing. -_-; Don't take it personally...

User avatar
waswas1717
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:42 pm

Post by waswas1717 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:15 am

Hmmm..
We can and have had other descriptions, had many multi-multi-page discussions on ways to get more accurate voting. Overall what we have now is probably is about as good as it gets
Words of the wise Mr.egg

Does it really bother too much for someone to find that the top 10 (of something) is not an exact copy of his??? Dont lie and tell me that its for the better of the website.. The website is fine.. The long meaningless debate about how could this be one of the top 10 when it sucks when at the same time another GREAT ANIME THAT IS NOT LIKE ANY OTHER is not in the list has been discussed over and over along with how to improve the most imp. thing in the world, THE TOP 10..

As I recall, the post was created by a new user and this was among his first posts. I think he was given a satisfying answer..
There has been a lot of posts in regads of the voting system in AniDB. you can check them..

hmm.. Just quoted meself

Hehe.. Why am I writing this since I am already bored with posts talking about voting system?!! God knows it was only bcoz I liked what was posted by Requiem and Der idiot. Curse me if you want for reading such a long post. But after wasting 10 long minutes to read the posts of a topic I participated in earlier, this what came in my mind..

Thank you ..
Mohammed

User avatar
Trilandian
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:29 am
Location: Israel

Post by Trilandian » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:03 am

requiem wrote:
Trilandian wrote:
Der Idiot wrote:check the mirror
Dude, you're a freakin' asshole! :evil:
He was teasing. -_-; Don't take it personally...
I wouldn't be so sure. I had run-ins with this guy before and I saw how he talks to others and from what I've seen he does this on a regular basis.

PetriW
AniDB Staff
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sat May 24, 2003 2:34 pm

Post by PetriW » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:11 am

It all depends on how much one asks the mods to do stuff they don't like / don't think should be done. :wink:
Aka, it's frustration ratio.

User avatar
Trilandian
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:29 am
Location: Israel

Post by Trilandian » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:17 am

Well, I can't say i remember directly pissing him off.

Der Idiot
AniDB Staff
Posts: 1227
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:19 am

Post by Der Idiot » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:17 pm

pissing me off? o_O i was makign a silly joke mostly. but i can proove you very easily that you ARE a tard:

lets start with a few "OMG SOMEZING IS WRONG!!1!!111!" posts which were nothing more than fluff if you had actually bothered to read a few bits about anidb policy or had tried to google up soem info.
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

requesting stuff already in:
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

jumping up and down because you ddin't get attention + asking questions asked for a mio time in the forum already. easyly reachable via the evil searchbutton
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
even exp noticed "your posting style might really get you on a couple of ignore lists someday"

"Wolf's Rain is animated in Russian!" !!!!11!11
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

and that one is just too special for any description
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=


actually i just realised you are even more of a tard than i ever tried to imply. jesus...

PetriW
AniDB Staff
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sat May 24, 2003 2:34 pm

Post by PetriW » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:14 pm

Notice Trilandian, a few occurences is np, the problem is Baka-sama and company deal with this on a daily basis and have for YEARS. This builds up aggravation, which leads to knee-jerk replies out of annoyance over the fact that some people fail to do even basic research and instead lump over the work on moderators. ;)

User avatar
Trilandian
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:29 am
Location: Israel

Post by Trilandian » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:33 pm

Der Idiot wrote:lets start with a few "OMG SOMEZING IS WRONG!!1!!111!" posts which were nothing more than fluff if you had actually bothered to read a few bits about anidb policy or had tried to google up soem info.
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
Hey, I'm no expert on these things. I see something that looks wrong, I report it, it's not wrong, you tell me and we both move along. No reason to get angry here!
Der Idiot wrote:requesting stuff already in:
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
One time, dammit! One time!
Der Idiot wrote:jumping up and down because you ddin't get attention + asking questions asked for a mio time in the forum already. easyly reachable via the evil searchbutton
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
even exp noticed "your posting style might really get you on a couple of ignore lists someday"
Again, it happened only once and I even appologised for it. What more do you want?
Der Idiot wrote:"Wolf's Rain is animated in Russian!" !!!!11!11
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
First of all, I only used 1 exclamation mark. Second, it weirded me out and I don't see how it's not a valid discussion topic.
Der Idiot wrote:and that one is just too special for any description
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
What, you're saying you never had someone pestering you with technical difficulties before? Also, as I already explained, I didn't know there was more then one way to interpret what I've said back there.
Der Idiot wrote:actually i just realised you are even more of a tard than i ever tried to imply. jesus...
So I wasn't always the best conversationalist, big F'in deal! You can't tell me I've been more annoying then those ass-brained idiots who keep asking for DL suport!
Also, I don't do anything wrong on purpose, ok? I may have been a bit of a... tard, as you say, but at least I'm not a shithead (not to imply that you are a shothead, really, I'm just saying)!

Der Idiot
AniDB Staff
Posts: 1227
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:19 am

Post by Der Idiot » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:51 pm

Again, it happened only once and I even appologised for it. What more do you want?
no it didn't happen only once. this is atrend one can easily spot in your posts. you really need to get rid of that attitude.
Hey, I'm no expert on these things. I see something that looks wrong, I report it, it's not wrong, you tell me and we both move along. No reason to get angry here!
you know how often i have to explain that shit to people like you? it might seem like a silly simple question to you. to me it's yet another fuckhead not trying to figure shit out himself and rather wanting to get spoonfed
Also, I don't do anything wrong on purpose, ok? I may have been a bit of a... tard, as you say, but at least I'm not a shithead (not to imply that you are a shothead, really, I'm just saying)!
not like i actually care what you think of me *yawn* if i would care what every ass on the interweb thought of me i might be able to sleep well, but seriously why should i care...

you just need to get a a couple of things straight:

1. it's the interweb not everything said is meant that way
2. assuming that your oponent is an utter asshead and treating him that way is reserved for people in power. if you expect help you should rather get rid of that attitude
3. use your brain - rule is put out of action quiite often; large parts of the net like 4chan are made around putting that that rule out of order; but this ain't 4chan and we expect people to actually use it
4. google is your friend
5... oh wait my nana dl finished. goody enough time wasted on ya. time to watch

User avatar
Trilandian
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:29 am
Location: Israel

Post by Trilandian » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:15 pm

Ok, I'll try to remember that.
Trilandian wrote:not to imply that you are a shithead, really, I'm just saying
Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to be funny or sarcastic here, I really don't think ill of you (even if, as you said, you don't care).

Locked