Don't care
2%

Total votes: 61

Amour

Post by Amour »

Depends if it is Hentai or not.
Kosmos

Post by Kosmos »

In my experience, there's been only two english dubbed anime that I've liked, Fruits Basket & Nadesico. So it's subbed by a mile for me :) .
titoum

Post by titoum »

never ever a dub !

i'm a from belgium (french speaking) and our dub are the worst ever !

if you look a manga on the tv the character have female sound voice instead of more characteristic one in the original one.

i think also that you lost a big thing of the serie like the expression : NANNNNNNNNNNNNi which is really one to laugh about :D

and sub is also a good exercice to keep my english more or less up to date and learn some japanese expression/word ^^
Sosseres

Post by Sosseres »

I just decided to re-encode a dvd to a format that takes up less space on my HDD, I cut out the English sound tracks on all files. Just to give you a feeling for how much I value it.

I also heard a Swedish sub on TV today and decided to re-watch the series in Japanese just to purge my system. So I guess I belong in the sub camp. :)
cunno89

Post by cunno89 »

Id have to go with subs i personally have never watched a good dub and i also cut out the English audio tracks when i do an encode from a DVD. I think one of my least favorite dubs when compared to its Japanese counterpart would have to be Neon Genesis Evangelion. I've never watched the English version of Fruits Basket though so i might have to check it out after what Kosmos said. But I've always watched my anime subbed before i watched it dubbed so maybe that has contributed to my dislike of English dubs.
Neko-Musume

Post by Neko-Musume »

I tend to prefer subbed (or raw if I can keep up), but some dubs are just too good to pass up. Sex Demon Queen has a hilarious eng dub. Hellsing has the best line I've ever heard in a dub, Celas: "A four-poster coffin? Bloody hell!" in a British accent always gives me the giggles.
kzq

Post by kzq »

well if i have a chance to get anime with dual audio i'd prefered it , yea i know that in most series it's sux but it's to keep my english in shape ,
well i liked dub to get backers ;p
Rhyu

Post by Rhyu »

I bare preference to subs myself. Yes, there are a few anime that I like better in dub, some are done pretty well, and in some, where I've only ever heard them in english just sound funky when I listen to the jap version.

However, I find more often than not the integrity of the characters is lost through the dubbing. The first anime series that I watched (in sub, I was a fan of the original dubbed dragonball as a child, up at 4 in the morning on a school day to watch it, then back to bed xD) was DNAngel. About a year ago I was at a friends and they had a demo CD of some new series being licensed and there was an ad for dubbed DNangel. We both nearly fell off our chairs when Dark spoke it was so bad. He's not supposed to sound like a girl o__o. Then there was Wild arms: Twilight Venom. You got a free demo CD of the anime, only in english, with the game. I think that was probably one of the downright worst dubs I've ever heard. Their voices were painfull, litterly painful. I think they must've gone out of their way to find voice actors with the the most screachy voices they could find. I do like the fruits basket dub, and I also like the dub on Princess Mononoke. I just find that that girls in dub have even worse voices than their jap counterparts (very rarely does a female character's voice in an anime not irritate me).

Rouruni Kenshin (can't spell sorry), I was about even on both sides. I one had gotten rid of the whole " that I am" thing I would have clung to that one, but they didn't. I swear, you should look to yoda as an idol when it comes to sentance structure.