Player/Codec Problems !!

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

Bahamut_ger

Player/Codec Problems !!

Post by Bahamut_ger »

I dont know if this is the right place to write this but i hope you help me anyway.

I have downloaded one of the Episodes from Kashimashi and now i have a problem. I have downloaded the 9th episode subbed from XABIN but i cannot watch it. I use BS Player and I only hear the sound. BS Player says that the file is unsupported but i have mkv Codecs installed. Can anybody help me ?? thats not the only .mkv Movie which isnt working on my PC correctly.

Hope for Help.

Thx
Bahamut :cry:

Hope you understand me. My English isn't the best :o I come from Germany.
AnimeOtaku

Post by AnimeOtaku »

mkv is only the catridge, avi is for an example an very simple cartridge for audio/video streams.

But you need the codecs for the streams in the catridge too. Most animes are coded in xvid.

I don't know what BS-Player really need.

I don't need any codecs, I use mplayer or VLC (on Windows and Linux)

Or load the CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack)
http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index. ... =Main_Page
Trilandian

Solution

Post by Trilandian »

Okay, if you wanna resolve your problem you need to do the following:

1) A) Download the "Matroska Pack" from www.matroska.org , it's the official support for *.mkv files. Be warned though, some of the Matroska pack's features, namely the VSfilter and the FFDshow, interfere with *.ogm files, you can choose not to install those features (in fact I recommend that you don't) but it may cause some problems along the way.
B) If an *.mkv file doesn't play right, just maneuver between installing and not installing these features.

2) A) You should also download the "Combined Comunity Codec Pack" (CCCP for short) from http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Com ... c_Pack.htm , this pack will optimise your Matroska pack and provide it with all the necessary codecs you might need. You can also find the CCCP in the R.O.D OAV pack.
B) If you encounter problems, reffer to section 1B of this explanation.
C) If you still have problems, contact me at armageddon_moon@yahoo.com and I'll try to help you.
Bahamut_ger

Post by Bahamut_ger »

Thank you very much for the answers. I have downloaded the codec packs and the Zplayer. Now i can watch the movies.

Thanks a lot for your advise.
Trilandian

You're welcome!

Post by Trilandian »

Heh, think nothing of it. I was glad to help.