Saint Seiya DVD's

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

mbright220

Saint Seiya DVD's

Post by mbright220 »

Hello,

I recently have watched through the ADV releases of Saint Seiya and am really enjoying, however ADV has ceased releasing the show and I am desperate to find out what happens next. I found a set on eBay that has the whole series on it in English subs and I was wondering if anyone out there knew the quality of it, or if anyone out there knew of a way to find the other episodes with English subs.

I hope I am posting this in the right spot, if not I apologize.

Thank you,
Scott
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

It seems there is only a HKDVD complete release out there.
You might be out of luck. :P

Don't know the quality of the subs.

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... xpandall=1
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

If you find a complete DVD-box on eBay with English subtitles but without a name from a known company, then it's probably a bootleg and the quality is most probably pretty low. You shouldn't buy such things at all, but that's just my opinion ;).
mbright220

Post by mbright220 »

I figure its a bootleg, however I am willing to make the sacrfice and get it if it is the only way to see the end of the show. I'd much rather by licensed products, but if ADV isnt going to release the rest, I am kind of stuck. :(
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Don't pay pirates for what can be got for free via p2p... that's just stupidity at work.

Rar
mbright220

Post by mbright220 »

Do you know where I can get the second half of Saint Seiya in English subs through P2P?
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Do you know how to use an internet search engine and some common sense?

Rar
mbright220

Post by mbright220 »

Yes I do know how to use a search engine, however if I was able to find them I would not be asking. If you know, any help would be appreciated, because so far I have not turned up anything.

Thank you
suppy

Post by suppy »

before asking for help with using p2p, try reading the rules one more time: http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2255

(I'm assuming you have already read them... you couldn't be so silly as to post without having read the rules, could you? I mean .. that would just be stupid.)
mbright220

Post by mbright220 »

My apologies. I was reacting more to being implied as an an idiot more than anything. Won't happen again.
ohtoriakio

Post by ohtoriakio »

The problem with Saint Seiya is that AZNAnime is the only group that is releasing the old series and they are quite slow at it.

I've got the HK bootlegs coz I needed to see what happens and the subtitles are incredibly bad at a few places. Lucky for me I saw the show in French when I was younger and I understood what was going on. I have since bought the ADV releases as they were coming out and also some of the French dvds that finish the arcs. If you can understand any language other than English, Saint Seiya is released in a whole lot of different languages and you could easily find dvds for it in them.

Review:

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... tt&aid=826