FLUSH VOTES PLEASE ROFL

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

OnegaiNL

FLUSH VOTES PLEASE ROFL

Post by OnegaiNL »

Suzuka ..... LOOK AT THE RATINGS SJEEZ....

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... e&aid=3203

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... s&aid=3203

Currently 43 people voted a 10 for a stereotype-romance serie with only 2 notable features:
- living guy that looks like a dead friend
- sports theme

Please flush the votes for like every show because this is ridicilous........

This is turning in an Elfen Lied v2, even though that show was better than Suzuka was....

For the people that think this rating is good, go watch some BETTER romance series unlike the stereotype one's.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

well iagree with you that the voting is ridicules, but still thats just 1 opinion. the opinion of the other ones might as well be valid. even if only tardy valid, but anyway you just don't wipe other peoples opinions like that. :roll:
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

You know that at least half of those 43 people are probably head-honchos in fansub groups and such like? They lap this shit up, they really do.

Rar

(that's a no - no evidence of vote abuse, just people with crap taste)

[edit: bah, baka-on-wheels, too fast]
OnegaiNL

Post by OnegaiNL »

it's kinda hard to see vote abuse, but seriously this is ridicilous, we really need to think of something better as vote protection.

not like i'm staff lol
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

I'm afraid unless we ban most fansubbers, (and half the jury for this years AR awards) we just have to let flagrant poor taste continue. This world is full of people like Keitarou, and, dear god, some even worse.

Rar, going back to watching sailor moon

[edit: bloody idiot beat me *again*]
OnegaiNL

Post by OnegaiNL »

Der Idiot wrote:maybe like uh... reading other people threads on this rather than being silly to propose wiping votes for no reason?

http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4711
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3322
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=601
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2309
lol I know but I just wanted attention for myself ;o I'm an idiot :P

besides how about sending people msg's like -->
Update your votes and compare series with each other to give people a better view of how good a serie actually is.

Something like that, just as simple as an reminder message but who knows it's not like it's impossible to do.

Maybe updating the "voting" page with additional tips on how to vote and compare series.

It's better to confront people with it, than just letting it go out of control lol, well that's what I think and maybe it'll work out.

maybe some messages like 75%+ of the series you've seen are voted 9+, it seems to use you're just giving random high numbers to series.

for confronting people with ridicilous voting.

If you guys are aiming for an better rating, sending out messages including warning messages to people that are just voting abruptly high.

few points

- They should have atleast 20 series to get warnings/advices like that.

- If they have high votings for 75%+ of the series they own, some system should check if the votes are either the same compared to other voters or very off. <--- if it seems like the votes are very off compared to others a warning message should be sent, to advice him to re-check his votes
so that will make him more aware that they should rate a serie for what it is worth instead of just picking a random number.

- Giving every serie a high vote is impossible, nobody can like every serie they see that much to give them 9+, I like about every serie and this is my current stats for rating: 233 votes, avg. vote 7.09.

That's reasonable, somebody with 9+ for 75% or more series they've seen is either drug addicted or just some random-brainless-voter. <-- same with avg. vote = 9+.

lol hope this can be of any help ;p

By the way, try to make it possible to mark the messages RED as in important and undeletable so that they can't just delete it without reading.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

All this is of course, very amusing, as you were yourself once a poster child for bad voting - all 10s and 1s, wasn't it? So just repeat whatever epiphany you went though to the rest of the poor kids.

Rar
OnegaiNL

Post by OnegaiNL »

Rar wrote:All this is of course, very amusing, as you were yourself once a poster child for bad voting - all 10s and 1s, wasn't it? So just repeat whatever epiphany you went though to the rest of the poor kids.

Rar
lol yeah I know, i'm trying to make a better life.... damnit stop making fun of me and actually listen :D

are you in any way affiliated to talk2cotton ? some guy in UK lol
pelican
AniDB Staff

Post by pelican »

OnegaiNL wrote:are you in any way affiliated to talk2cotton ? some guy in UK lol
I'd say that's very likely; it's a little known fact that the British Isles' population is entirely contained in one small village, where everyone knows everyone else.
Amour

Post by Amour »

Suzuka ! Image
We should implement rating up to 11 for this one ! ImageImageImage
OnegaiNL

Post by OnegaiNL »

Amour wrote:Suzuka ! Image
We should implement rating up to 11 for this one ! ImageImageImage
RAR ban french people ;o

lol
belgabor

Post by belgabor »

I believe there are fundamental problems with the voting system. Currently there is a bit of inconsistency what the voting system should be, a personal meter of liking it (as its usage for suggestion of animes suggests) or a measure of the quality of the anime.
An additional problem is that many people who don't like a series for some reason will probably stop watching it after the first ep and (if presuming the vote is supposed to be a measure of the quality) not vote for it at all...
pelican
AniDB Staff

Post by pelican »

There's no problem unless you assume that the mean vote has to be meaningful.
belgabor

Post by belgabor »

pelican wrote:There's no problem unless you assume that the mean vote has to be meaningful.
lol, indeed, but the thread starter seems to think so :wink: