Tear-jerking moments in anime

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

ThorStrom

Post by ThorStrom »

Ok, since you guys already mentioned several of the obvious ones,
here´s a NOT so obvious one (and I am probably alone on this one :lol: ):

The ending of Green Green! :D (NOT Erolutions)

Now please tell me, am I the only one that thinks the ending was sad?
kidan

Post by kidan »

Actually it was a sad happy-end ;)

p.s.: Did anybody mention video girl ai, yet?
ThorStrom

Post by ThorStrom »

Aah, I totally forgot about that one. But wasn´t that ending also a sad-happy one? :)
bankai13

My favorite moments

Post by bankai13 »

Onegai Teacher final episode
Eureka Seven eps. 26 and Final
Elfen Leid final episode
Love Hina Christmas movie
Ah! My Goddess The Movie
Happy Lesson OVA final episode
Negima Final episode

I just finished watching the remake of Kanon And I have to say I have never cried so much in my life.
Last edited by bankai13 on Sun May 27, 2007 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goodlive

Post by Goodlive »

Strange that noone mentioned Naruto. Where are all of the fanboys!?!? However first arc was truly great in my eyes. Ep 19 made me cry.
Allso ep 22 of Noein that I recently watched.
Allso Black Lagoon ending.
Ending of 6th ep from Honey&Clover nearly made me cry.
So did 23rd ep of Code Geass.
And 14 ep from Haruhi even.
And some parts of Berserk... and many other animes I can't name now.
I guess that makes me emo crybaby :>
P.S. I truly think that negative stance towards crying men is outdated. I think that man who never cries just suspends all the feeling in himself. That can lead to either being depressive emo or insensitive idiot :)
covenant

Post by covenant »

I guess its quite ok for men to cry sometimes but i really dont like the feeling of crying myself, so i usually try as hard as i can to hold it back

Worked on Elfen Lied and last of Cowboy Bebop, but Mai Hime was just too sad :(
ThorStrom

Post by ThorStrom »

waswas1717 wrote:Hmmm..
It is really strange that no body mentioned Samurai X Seisouhen Ending. I have seen almost all of the titles you mentioned. I agree that most of them are sad, they made my days worse, but never got me to cry.
I have seen a lot of animes (i guess more than 300 title thus far). The only anime that got me crying, no not crying, In fact I was gasping for a breath, was the ending I saw in seisouhen (reflection)..

Thank you
Mohammed
Just watched "Trust and Betrayal" and "Reflection" and I actually thought both were a bit sad. I think that the reason for reflection not being more depressing to me, is probably because I haven´t watched the entire tv series. All the way through reflection I kept thinking "Hmm, this would probably make more sense to me if I knew who all these friggin´ people are!" :lol:
Boino

Post by Boino »

the end of chrono crusader....
i cried like a new born baby
hhaamu

Post by hhaamu »

Boino wrote:the end of chrono crusader....
Me too, as the ordeal was finally over.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

hhaamu wrote:
Boino wrote:the end of chrono crusader....
Me too, as the ordeal was finally over.
agreed, but i was laughing :P
HughJasss

Post by HughJasss »

I haven't watched too much anime myself (well, comparatively anyway :P) but so far the only one that has brought a tear to my eye was the final episode of Chobits.
d3rr1

Post by d3rr1 »

The most animes u name her e.. yeah I must admit those are tear-jerking moments.... but I have (especially at kanon.. i have seen the old 1 and the remake) not really crying but more that tintling and...
err how should I explain.. that your hair goes straight up.. if you know what i mean... :?
coyle

Post by coyle »

gurren laggan... ep 8.. how da hell can u kill a main character so early? :(
anithinks

Post by anithinks »

There are many sad moments that I remember in anime like watching Hotaru no Haka (Grave of the Fireflies), but I am here to write about this series called "Hanada Shounen-shi".

What started out to be a light-hearted comedy turned out to be a full-blown tear-jerker in the end. And then again, I am not complaining. I would definitely recommend the series if you are looking to watch a poignant anime comedy that is not school/ecchi.
maniok

Post by maniok »

Several moments in the Love Hina series, especially the end of the Christmas special.
I also agree that Mai-HiME was sad, but the deaths were rather shocking than tear-jerking to me, probably because the sadness wasn't emphasized enough or not long enough, unfortunately... Otherwise the anime could've been much more stirring, there was huge potential. Quite a pity, imo. :/