Your Anime collection, DVD or P2P?

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

Do you buy your Anime or do you "burn" them yourselves?

I own and regulary buy DVDs.
13%
I already own and occasionaly (once a year, etc.) buy some DVDs.
7%
I have DVDs and buy them, but I get my supplies also through P2P.
48%
P2P only. I don't buy DVDs and don't plan to, while P2P is alive and kicking.
33%
I borrow Anime from a friend in one form or both.
No votes

Total votes: 46

SeekerBJ

Your Anime collection, DVD or P2P?

Post by SeekerBJ »

Greetings to everyone!
This is an attempt at getting to know how anime fans in other countries "assemble" their anime collection.
I myself buy DVDs once a year or so, when I gather enough resources :wink:, but I also use P2P as a source of potential future buys and in-between entertainment.
I started this kind of poll on a forum in Slovenia, to see what sources people use for viewing and collecting anime. You can view the poll here, if you're curious.
Prehaps it's odd posting this on a P2P anime centerstage forum, but what the heck, I'll give it a shot! :D
CheesyP18

Post by CheesyP18 »

hmm, this poll poses a problem.

I own dvds and I get my supplies from P2P too...

catch is that I dont necessarily buy my DVDs :P

pretty much my local anime store lends me their first copy dvds to watch, and when they've sold a few they just go ahead and let me keep it for free, so money is going back to the companies :)
SeekerBJ

Post by SeekerBJ »

CheesyP18, I bet at least 85% of anime fans would want to trade places with you :lol:
Answer as if you would buy them, it's the closest answer
P.S.
Is there any special way you used to talk them into this wonderful relationship? :P :D
CheesyP18

Post by CheesyP18 »

tip: be friendly
:P
cythoslar

Cant get enough..

Post by cythoslar »

I use just p2p and I´m not going to buy any DVDs. While there are p2p programs, then I use them. Good way to save money and use it for something else. I don´t want to say, that I think that buying anime DVDs is a waste of money. It isn´t, but if you have another change and you can save up some money, then use the change! Or if you have enough money and don´t wish to wait and you like best quality, then go on! :D
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

I guess that would be the third choice. I buy series that I really like, but my primary supplier is still p2p. It would be impossible to buy all that stuff ;).
AnimeOtaku

Post by AnimeOtaku »

I buy the animes I loved to watch on dvd (if it ever comes out in Germany :roll: )

I download the main part (95%), because
1. to get anime dvds in Germany is difficult
2. one German Anime DVD costs regularly 25-30 Euros
3. Not all Animes which are out there are worth to buy
4. I was a poor pupil (student later) and now I'm a poor apprentice (trainee)

But it's getting better with getting orig. anime dvds in Germany and it will get better with my money problem. :D
thrp

Post by thrp »

AnimeOtaku wrote:I buy the animes I loved to watch on dvd (if it ever comes out in Germany :roll: )

I download the main part (95%), because
1. to get anime dvds in Germany is difficult
2. one German Anime DVD costs regularly 25-30 Euros
3. Not all Animes which are out there are worth to buy
4. I was a poor pupil (student later) and now I'm a poor apprentice (trainee)

But it's getting better with getting orig. anime dvds in Germany and it will get better with my money problem. :D
same thing as me in portugal... :roll:
2crazy

Post by 2crazy »

I'm usually watching the fansubbed version first. Because it's fresh and new, and of course not available anywhere on DVD. But if I do like a series a lot, I usually buy the DVDs as soon as they are released in the US.

The makers of Anime put so much love and time into this. so make sure to compensate them for their hard work, if you can. At least that's how I see it :-)
Milamber33

Post by Milamber33 »

This poll also gives me a problem. I don't own any purchased anime DVDs, but I do plan on buying some at some time in the future when I have money, most of my stuff (99%) comes from downloading, but I've also borrowed some things from friends. So there are 3 that kind of fit. Probably the second last one is closest, except for the fact that I have no objection to buying DVDs.
matija

Post by matija »

i'm sure i would buy anime dvd, when there would be a chance. there is no anime shop in my country, and all u can find is mononoke hime and spirited away. and i don't owe any credit cards, so i can't shop on web.

so the one and only source for me is p2p.
windmage

Post by windmage »

I'll start buying anime dvds the moment they're reasonably priced and contain clean 100% progressive video without dotcrawl, rainbows, blocking, ringing, halos, blurring, noise, dubs, ugly hardsubbed lyrics & english credits, etc. etc. etc. Until then I'm not paying through the ass when I can get something of superior quality off the net.
skyline

Post by skyline »

so the one and only source for me is p2p.
i have same problem.
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

Maybe you two should take a look here.