Question about adding files

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Yuuwaku

Question about adding files

Post by Yuuwaku »

I was going through and adding some files through the ed2kdump bit of the page and quite often i'd run across some that were not recognized. Now none of the files I have are corrupted, and some of them may actually not be on the site, but a couple of them appear to be the same versions of files already listed, but with a different hash. Anyway I was just curious how I might go about adding the ones that may be new to the database and what I should do about the others. They play fine to the end, but I don't have an official hash/crc to check them with.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

well,

feel free to simply add the files which are not yet in the db.
however the ones which are already in the db but with a different hash pose a problem.
you should try to get your hands on official crcs for your files and check them. if your files are corrupted you can add them with their real crc and mark them as crc state: failed.
however if your files match the official crc you should add them as crc state: verified and make a change request for the other files in the db to change them to crc state: failed.
if it is impossible for you to get official crcs for some of the files you could also check anidb and see if the same file which is already there is marked as crc state: verified in that case you could add your file as crc state: failed.
Another hint to find out about corrupted files might be the user count. If a file has a lot of users there is a higher possibility that it is the correct file, however this is not always the case.

all in all the best way would be to check your files against the official crcs.

you should never add a file to anidb which already exisits there with a different hash without marking one of them crc: verified and the other one crc: failed.

BYe!
EXP
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

haha, but what about if the file present is also not CRC verified and you have a file with different hash?

like the situation in here --> http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb.pl ... xpandall=1

some of the files that I tried to download from anidb had no sources so after doing a search in emule and downloading the versions that had sources i added them to the database, since it's an old release I doubt it's possible to find the official CRC
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

well, that's the big problem.

there's no good solution for that yet.
i guess in some cases adding a file twice can't be prevented, however it should be an exception, try to verify crc whenever possible plz.

BYe!
EXP
Yuuwaku

Wallpaper

Post by Yuuwaku »

Mmmm. I like that wallpaper exp. Used it for a rather long time myself.