Pwd reminder ...?

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

astrogirl

Pwd reminder ...?

Post by astrogirl »

Hi there! :)

After I changed my eMail address I waited for a confirmation mail for about an hour. Nothing happened, so I logged in with a false password to get a reminder, but when I tried to do so I ended up on exactly the same page ("Login failed") every time, and got no mail whatsoever (for a few hours now, too).
Cookies ARE enabled, until this morning it all worked perfectly and I changed nothing (except my address, that is).
Now, what am I doing wrong? I'd really appreciate any help, I need to do some serious updating on mylist :lol:

Thanks in advance :D
exp
Site Admin

Re: Pwd reminder ...?

Post by exp »

astrogirl wrote:Nothing happened, so I logged in with a false password to get a reminder, but when I tried to do so I ended up on exactly the same page ("Login failed") every time, and got no mail whatsoever (for a few hours now, too).
Hm,

you should see a message like this once you tried to login with a false password:

Code: Select all

LOGIN FAILED!!!

NOTE:
If you have forgotten your password (or never got it to begin with)
you can request a

Password Reminder for user exp

You will recieve an email with a temporary password to access your anidb account.
On that page you _need_ to click the password reminder link or no password reminder will be send out!

once you clicked the password reminder link an email will be send to you and you will see the following page:

Code: Select all

Your password reminder has been sent.
It includes a temporary password which is valid for the next 24h.
The password reminder email was sent to the email address stored for user:
exp

NOTE:
Unfortunatly lately some emails were dropped by the server due to load problems.
Should you not recieve your password reminder email within the next 15 minutes please try once again and if you still don't get any email contact:
EXP
(Include your username and email address please!)
if you saw that page but didn't get a password reminder then the new email address you specified is not working.
in that contact me and include your username, your old and your new email address.

BYe!
EXP
astrogirl

Post by astrogirl »

Thanks, exp.
Well, how you describe it sounds exactly like I wanted it to work, but somehow it didn't. Whenever I actually clicked on the reminder link (yeah, I did figure I had to ;) ) I ended up on the same "Login Failure" page.

Anyways, never mind, I solved the problem on my own. Was somehow suspicious that I saw that page whenever I tried to access any page, not only when I logged in, so I deleted my internet cache files. Now it works perfectly again :D

My fault after all, sorry to bug you *smile*
Keep up the great work, I love this site ;)