Multiple sessions support

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

thewire

Multiple sessions support

Post by thewire »

Every time I switch between my desktop and laptop, anidb says something like "your login and password are not correct, so you'll die in your sleep" and after that I need to log in again, which is kinda boring and not interesting at all. And if I change frequently (like every 20 minutes, that can happen too for various reasons) that becomes even annoying.

So, if there a way to make that "relogin" procedure transparent, or is there any (planned?) support for multiple sessions?
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

thewire

looks solved.

Post by thewire »

PetriW wrote:Please read:
http://wiki.anidb.info/w/Login
Oh, well..
Thank you!

I somehow managed to be that dumb to miss the last paragraph of this.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

you didn't.
I just added that one yesterday as this has really become an FAQ :P

BYe!
EXP
HiEv

Post by HiEv »

Looks like the "anidb.info" text still needs to be changed to "anidb.net" there.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

done
npcomplete

Post by npcomplete »

Hi, may I suggest either making a more explicit link to the dedicated login page because I had no idea that's what the star was for. I actually did try passing my mouse over it before but I guess it wasn't precisely over it (maybe because i'm running 1920x1200 on a 15" screen with 8pt fonts :) )
.. or add another checkbox to "Keep old cookies" in the front page with a link explaining what it's for.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

npcomplete wrote:(maybe because i'm running 1920x1200 on a 15" screen with 8pt fonts :) )
let me be the first to say: WTF?
you are a nutter
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Well, it all depends on the DPI scaling! ;) That could be some really big text!
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

a 15" screen is definitely not made for such a resolution...
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Der Idiot wrote:a 15" screen is definitely not made for such a resolution...
Uh, sure it can be, there have been monitors with 200+ dpi for at least half a decade (probably much longer). Electronic paper (E Ink) have a resolution of like 300 dpi.
And I think we'll see higher dps screens become more and more common for better readability, higher dpi looks better than ClearType imho. Heck, the quality difference between 96 dpi and 130 dpi is clearly noticeable.

1920x1200 on a 15" screen would be 150ish dpi I think?

The bad side of high dpi is most applications don't support it properly, vista can kinda brute force around it but the apps looks like crap since they're simply scaled.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

this wasn't about technical possibility petriw. this was about sane usage. a 15" screen with such a high resolution. this is out to scrap your eyes in no time.

and now FIX MA AOM .WHATEVER >_<
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

No, what I'm trying to say is that with the proper settings you could use 3840x2400 on a 15" without fonts being small. ;) 1920x1200 on a 15" with a 8pt font does not in any way actually mean the font is small. ;)

(Although it seems it is in this case!)
npcomplete

Post by npcomplete »

Well.. for me, yes I like small fonts since I like to fit a lot of information on screen :) It actually may be better for your eyes if you sit, say about 2 ft away for a laptop screen, because that forces them to exercise => hawk eyes :D ..the same reason why eyeglasses tend to worsen your eyesight as far as I've heard.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

No matter how good your eyesight small fonts dramatically reduce readability, as you've kinda stated yourself already in the thread. I also doubt it'd do your eyes any good since it'd cause extra strain which would be a problem that can be detrimental to your eyesight. (I don't know the terms for it in english but it's seriously not a good idea to use super small fonts thinking it'd improve your eyesight.)