search function doesn't include all the catagories

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

karmashock

search function doesn't include all the catagories

Post by karmashock »

When you open up most of the animes you find that they have lots of associations that aren't included on the search page. Such as slap stick etc...

how do I run a more detailed search that accesses those associations?
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

you are talking in riddles. which page are you tlaking about anyway? if you mean advanced search then you should know that that page still uses the old outdated genres and not categories.
karmashock

Post by karmashock »

Der Idiot wrote:you are talking in riddles. which page are you tlaking about anyway? if you mean advanced search then you should know that that page still uses the old outdated genres and not categories.
Riddles?... Well... Riddle me this, where would I find an updated search that would use the categories?
ricce

Re: search function doesn't include all the catagories

Post by ricce »

karmashock wrote:When you open up most of the animes you find that they have lots of associations that aren't included on the search page. Such as slap stick etc...

how do I run a more detailed search that accesses those associations?
The search page doesn't show categories at all, it shows genres -- its the old and deprecated system that is only in use at search, everywhere else it is replaced with categories. -- Those genres is not added to newly added animes so don't expect to find anything recent if you filter by genre.

You can search for a single category by pressing it's name at categories page.

For search of multiply categories you need to manually figure out the ID of the categories you want to search for and write the URL your self.

To search of categories and some other of the other (advanced) futures on the search page is not possible at the moment.

The search page is pending updates to fix those issues.
karmashock

Post by karmashock »

thank you.

Can you give me an example of how to combine categories in the URL?

I tried just adding everything from the & symbol on... it didn't work... it just captured the last category.
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

just click [similar] on a random anime page
karmashock

Post by karmashock »

thank you