Login Problem

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

ThannoDragon

Login Problem

Post by ThannoDragon »

Hello there...

I'm trying to login at the home site of anidb.net but i cannot(not in forum that i'm automatically logged).

Isaw that u have hidden the information about the fansubbing group and a friend from another forum suggested me to try login to see these informations.I used the same password and username but didn't worked properly. T_T

When i'm using the codes i use here this thing says that :

"error

you have written an invalid username or password" like so.

Is this a bug or i cannot loggin automatically with the codes i use from here ? :?

If this thread is not in the right place here to be asked then move it somewhere.Doumo :)
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

you have to register a separate account @ anidb.net. your forum account has nothing to do with the main site.

also see http://forum.anidb.net/viewtopic.php?t=4464
ThannoDragon

Post by ThannoDragon »

I found the source of the problem.I cannot register or remind my password because this damn thing doesn't want us to write down hotmail/yahoo addresses.

I have a hotmail email and i tried to make it to remind me the password that ought let me get in but this is said not to do so cos of the damned spammbots...T_T

is there an alternate way to get in without the addresses ?
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

ThannoDragon wrote:I found the source of the problem.I cannot register or remind my password because this damn thing doesn't want us to write down hotmail/yahoo addresses.
What damn thing? Your keyboard?
ThannoDragon wrote:I have a hotmail email and i tried to make it to remind me the password that ought let me get in but this is said not to do so cos of the damned spammbots...T_T
Well, it is said, yes. So why don`t you try a different e-mailaccount instead? After all, you don`t seem to have registered before, so why would it tell you your password?
ThannoDragon wrote:is there an alternate way to get in without the addresses ?
To login without an e-mailaddress? I doubt that, since it is affiliated with your login-account.

Another thing: why don`t you try to sign up with another e-mailaccount instead, which isn`t on hotmail or yahoo?
And it is usually smart to at least write down your password somewhere so you don`t forget about it. AniDB is, after all, not something you really need to hide your password from everyone and anyone in the house.
Archaeon

HELP!!!!!

Post by Archaeon »

I have done as you advised and I have tried this with several email addresses and I keep getting the same error message.

What's up with that? If anyone has any ideas then let me know.

BTW, the mail addresses I have tried so far are Hotmail, Yahoo mail, Gmail, Netscape mail, Virgin media mail, and my business email address.

So anyone got any ideas?
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

what's the exact error message? do you receive a mail?
Archaeon

Error message

Post by Archaeon »

Here's the message I'm getting for both my old account (which I set up using hotmail years ago), and my new account (which activated fine using Gmail).

Both accounts are activated, but when I try to log in on either I get the following message:

ERROR:
LOGIN FAILED!

NOTE:
If you have forgotten your password (or never got it to begin with) you can request a

password reminder for

You will receive an email with a temporary password to access your anidb account.

NOTE:
You might also want to take a look at:

* AniDB Signup Documentation
* AniDB Support Forum

apparently I'm using the wrong username or password......

hang on................

I've just figured out the problem I was having. For years I've been accessing using my email address as my username, and it's been working fine. Now it's actually asking for me to enter my username. I've tried this with both accounts and it works fine, so am gonna stick with my original account.

Sorry to have bothered you about this. My silly mistake, but other people may have done the same thing so this may help them.