How to determine a double episode?

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Gambit
AniDB Staff

How to determine a double episode?

Post by Gambit »

I was just fruitlessly searching for the last remaining episode of a series, but couldn`t find it anywhere, while the group has been tagged as 'Complete/Finished'. Turned out the pre-last episode was a double episode, so it was only listed as the pre-last episode, while leaving the last episode blank.
I realized this only after looking at the filesize, which was twice as big, but is there another way of determining that the pre-last episode is a double episode? Before, it was done by having the eptitle being 'Episode 25 & 26', but this time there was an actual title, so it confused me ;)

So is there another indication how to notice this?
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

not yet.. the ajax version of the anime page has it maybe? (http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime3&aid=X)

it's on todo for the non ajax version.
snajo

Post by snajo »

You can also see this in the file comment. It should tell: "Joint episodes xx-yy". If this comment is not present and it is a multi episode file, check on the Wiki if you should CREQ it.
egg

Post by egg »

snajo wrote:You can also see this in the file comment. It should tell: "Joint episodes xx-yy". If this comment is not present and it is a multi episode file, check on the Wiki if you should CREQ it.
LOL, it is interesting trying to help a user that has 5 years experience on AniDB (at least the forum, maybe longer for the site). Gambit has been around longer than most of the mods.

Anyway, the issue is with the new "complete" status in the group info bow will now take account double episodes to figure out something is complete. That means if there is an anime with 26 episodes, and episode 25 is a double episode 25-26 then there is no actual file under episode 26. So if you go and expand episode 26, you do not see a file for that group. So the status says complete, and yet you cannot find a file... If you expand episode 25, then you would see the Joint episodes comment that you mentioned, but if the user is looking at the second episode of a dual episode, there is currently no indicator.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

Gambit has been around longer than most of the mods.
Man, Gambit WAS a mod... :D

Anyway, DerIdiot just moved all the Other episode entry files (where most of the files were joint episodes) to the real episode list, I don't know why it was done NOW as the ajax version is quite not complete for usage, so now ppl will have a hard time understanding where some eps have gone.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

wrong nwa. i move a few files once in a while. if i move too many tards cry.
snajo

Post by snajo »

@egg: That was kinda what I was trying to say 8) And I believe that it doesn't matter that you don't use AniDB that long. If I believe I can help somebody, I will try :wink: