Problems with Jabber notifications in Trillian (Gmail works)

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

snajo

Problems with Jabber notifications in Trillian (Gmail works)

Post by snajo »

I have a problem getting the Jabber notifications working in Trillian with Jabber plugin (IM multi client). That's odd, because I can get it working in the Gmail integrated chat. When I check with the "status" command if i am registered "ONLINE" it works with Gmail, but in Trillian it says first "NEW" and later "INACTIVE". I have allowed AniDB to add me to it's contact list. Can anyone help me getting notificationswork in Trillian, because I hate to leave Gmail open just for the notifications :cry:
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

hmm, I am running linux, so I can't test the trillian issue.
It would be nice to know whether any of our users is using trillian without problems.

BYe!
EXP
egg

Post by egg »

Does jabber work for other things in Trillian? Also I assume you have the paid for version of Trillian... IIRC, you cannot use plug-ins with Trillian. I was using Trillian for a while, but eventually left because it would keep losing connections (with other protocols), and it would not necessarily reconnect. I use Pidgin now, and it appears to work OK. Now I only get disconnected when I get a BSOD (which it fairly common). I have not tried Pidgin with Jabber yet though...
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

miranda works just fine for me, which is multinetwork as well
snajo

Post by snajo »

Hmm, I'm not quite familiair with Jabber (actually got to it via AniDB 8) ). So can someone tell me a way to test my Trillian Pro Jabber plugin with other things than AniDB? If I can't get this working maybe I'll swap to a free cliënt like Miranda :wink:
Best of all is ofcourse to find someone that has AniDB notifications in Trillian working and wants to share how he did it :D
EDIT: I can't seem to get it work in Miranda either. I have added anidb@im.anidb.info to my list and granted authorization (think that's for letting it add me to it's list). After subscribtion still shows INACTIVE (after NEW ofcourse). Could it be that the server does not like me being subscribed at jabber.org? Should I try another account at another server?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

INACTIVE means that the anidb jabber bot was either unable to add you to it's contact list (for some reason it did not get your authorization) or that it was unable to see you online.
I.e. you must not be invisible.

BYe!
EXP

PS: right now a numer of users with *@jabber.org addresses are correctly subscribed and online, so it shouldn't be a jabber.org problem
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

i just noticed one thing, it might be totally unrelated to the problem though. All the currently connected users @jabber.org have lowercase usernames, however, the jabber.org username you registered starts with a capital letter.
Maybe that is causing problems?

You can check what happens if you go to your profile page on anidb and remove and readd you jabber address there. Maybe readding it in all lower case will help.

BYe!
EXP
snajo

Post by snajo »

That was the problem, so I'll try to add this to the wiki (first time adding wiki info :wink:). No capital letters in your JID, in your profile on the AniDB site and in your cliënt. Thanks EXP!