What's wrong with the language??

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Deejovan

What's wrong with the language??

Post by Deejovan »

Ok I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this question but I;m in a hurry. I turned on this site and there was a possibility of trying out different layouts and I tried one, but ever since that time all titles in the anime list have been written in Arabic or sth instead of English! Can you tell me what is going on and how to change it? I tried to look for some options in my profile but nothing works and it really gets on my nerves! :[
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Turn on "Hide foreign titles on anime page" in your profile - and make sure you've got the languages you want to see set while you're there.

Rar
Deejovan

Post by Deejovan »

Heh I've already tried that and it doesn't work. I have no idea what happened, and I don't know what to do, but as this is the best site with anime it's really annoying :( :( :(
exp
Site Admin

Re: What's wrong with the language??

Post by exp »

Deejovan wrote:Ok I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this question but I;m in a hurry. I turned on this site and there was a possibility of trying out different layouts and I tried one, but ever since that time all titles in the anime list have been written in Arabic or sth instead of English! Can you tell me what is going on and how to change it? I tried to look for some options in my profile but nothing works and it really gets on my nerves! :[
your style selection hasn't changed anything at all.
right now you're seeing ALL titles in the anime list.
and due to the way unicode sorting works at the moment, that means that you'll see the arabic titles on the first few pages.
just go to the letter you want to see and you'll have all the titles which use the normal alphabet.

let me say this once again, noting in your settings is broken, this is just the way anidb works (and has always worked).

BYe!
EXP
Amour

Post by Amour »

You can "hide synonyms" on top.