What happened to the "Top Rated" stuff on the main

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

dmike

What happened to the "Top Rated" stuff on the main

Post by dmike »

Hello all. I haven't looked through anidb (or even visited the site) since august last year so I don't know what's changed.

One thing I have noticed is that the "Top Rated" lists on the main page are now missing. i.e. Top 10 anime, Top User Groups, Top sub groups etc

Are they gone permanently or are they listed somewhere else in anidb now?
I did read the one post where people complained about user group ratings or whatever that is..

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone would inform me of this.

Many thanks.

Mike
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

It's gone permanently due to fanboys creating 21089 accounts to upvote their own favourite crap.
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

dmike

Post by dmike »

Thanks very much for the info, PetriW and epoximator.

While I would suggest finding a system to prevent a single email address to spawn multiple anidb accounts, I've little doubt that fanboys (or other people wanting to upvote something or another) would find other means of abusing the "Top rated" system.

It's sad to know that the rating for any particular title is likely to have been doctored in this way. It serves to undermine people's trust in ratings and the ease by which others may be able to determine how good a title really is by simply looking at the rating.

Oh well...
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

dmike wrote:While I would suggest finding a system to prevent a single email address to spawn multiple anidb accounts, I've little doubt that fanboys (or other people wanting to upvote something or another) would find other means of abusing the "Top rated" system.
We're way past this level of protection against tards already. The decision to remove the top 10 lists was to get rid of the problem permanently.