[bug]producers disappeared

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

SinsI

[bug]producers disappeared

Post by SinsI »

After I've made a creq to change anime description and it was approved, the producers field somehow became clear. Might be a mistake by the mod, but it can also be a bug connected to the new year system of AniDB, because that field has also been marked as changed.
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... .id=573865
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

that was the old producer field which is not in use anymore. use the "producers" link at the bottom of the anime page to add them again (if they exists, if not; ask nwa)
SinsI

Post by SinsI »

Thanks for clarifying.
Does that happen automatically with any edit?
I think it's not right to just destroy that information, some of it is very old and rare, and not easily recoverable.
Maybe you can add some notification to the mod to convert the old format data, and not just purge it into oblivion with any little typo correction?
As for the creq I mentioned, those companies and original creator are not in the anidb producers list, so I can't add them(at least not in the easy way).
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

all useful data was already converted to the new system months ago. exp is just too lazy to remove the row from the table and rather lets it get removed by manual labour
SinsI

Post by SinsI »

When why did that info disappear, instead of being transformed into the new form?
Is list of producers not considered useful?
Or it wasn't converted, and that row's preservation serves a purpose - to enter the info manually(and not erase it)?
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

the old producerfield was just an inputbox where you could type in that it was in fact your mom that produced this. now it's real db entries which cna get linked. just belive it that it was old unused and not shown data. the real data is in a different table now
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

I think the problem he's trying to point out is that the referenced anime no longer has any producers at all and thus he wonders why we've erased old useful information. (Aka, not migrated it.)
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

... and deridiot has answered that twice
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

epoximator wrote:... and deridiot has answered that twice
Not for this specific anime he hasn't. ;)
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

PetriW wrote:I think the problem he's trying to point out is that the referenced anime no longer has any producers at all and thus he wonders why we've erased old useful information. (Aka, not migrated it.)
because the data in the old field is manually entered and could contain hell knows what. it's generally not trsutworthy. anyway i migrated most of the useful data long ago
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Clearer explanation this time so I hope that answers all questions. ;)