How do you get the episode titles ?

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

ParkerLewis

How do you get the episode titles ?

Post by ParkerLewis »

Hello all,

I have a simple question : which source do you guys use to get the episodes titles ? For example, upon watching some Bleach episodes, there is no title whatsoever in the episode. Yet anidb shows episode titles (and i've seen such lists elsewhere on the internet). So, which "official source" do you guys get these titles from ?

thanks for the answer,

ParkerLewis
Neko-Musume

Post by Neko-Musume »

I would wager a guess and say probably usually the network's website.
ParkerLewis

Post by ParkerLewis »

yeah, i tried on the official bleach website, but didn't see anything like it (although it's in japanese so maybe i was just unable to see it). It's probably on the network's own website. Still, i'd like to know the mod's answer :)
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

AniDB is a user-driven database. Tard users get titles from ANN or their asses. Non-tards generally look at a combination of the network/studio/anime webpage, www.allcinema.net and cal.syoboi.jp - though as it's Bleach, I'm guessing it's the first user group mentioned that's doing the submitting.

Rar
egg

Post by egg »

For English Titles it is usually a translation of the Japanese Title until it is released in English, then generally it will be updated to the "official" title.

Personally I prefer to get the title from the screen, or from a DVD cover. Note, even "official" websites are not always correct.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Rar wrote:AniDB is a user-driven database.
Quite true... only rar loads such info. :P
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

I like bunnies, too...