Anti-Leech Questions

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Curium

Anti-Leech Questions

Post by Curium »

I was just going through various anime's looking up what they were. I was trying to decide what I felt like downloading. Suddenly I get this message about AniDB Anti-Leech program. I tried to go to the "Documentation" link that it gave me, but that page was blank.

How can I avoid getting that Anti-Leech Ban? I was just surfing through it normally. I don't even know how to do an "Automated Access" or "crawling". Is the program a certain number of page views per day? Or can I avoid the problem by just going through the pages slower? Also when I hit the "Back" button on my browser does that count as an additonal "access" towards my limit?

I don't know what time it is where AniDB is situated, but it is only 10 AM here, and not being able to access AniDB for the rest of the day will be a real pain. I can still get to the Main Page, and I don't see anything about this new program on there to give a warning about this. It hit me completely out of the blue.

Any help and answers would be appreciated.

Cameron Moriarty
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

You and various others seem to be accessing anidb via one cache.maxonline.com.sg - a proxy? I've unbanned for the moment anyway, but not using shared ips will mean only your browsing is being counted. And don'tuseIE, just as a general rule.

I'll check the link in the leech warning page.

(user is icym uid:137408 for future reference)

Rar