Banned by AniDB AntiLeech

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

IcyEyes75

Banned by AniDB AntiLeech

Post by IcyEyes75 »

I have done way too many page loads.

Since the mass add feature currently does not work, I was manually adding every episode from every anime I have. The page loads would have been well over 1000 in the past few days. If this is too much, I will just wait until the mass add feature is usable again. So, I apologize for all the page loads.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

eh you misunderstand what "massadd" does. massadd adds files to anidb NOT files/episodes to your mylist
seeing that you haven't added any files to anidb so far i'm 100% sure i'm right about your misconception

anyway easiest way to add your files to anidb is via an anidb client like aom or webaom.

also see: http://wiki.anidb.info/w/How_to_add_fil ... our_mylist

anyway lifted the ban
IcyEyes75

Post by IcyEyes75 »

You're right about me not understanding what the mass add feature does, since I haven't been able to try it. Also, I'll check out those AniDB clients.

Thanks for lifting the ban.
exp
Site Admin

Re: Banned by AniDB AntiLeech

Post by exp »

IcyEyes75 wrote:I was manually adding every episode from every anime I have. The page loads would have been well over 1000 in the past few days.
You're not just expanding it ep by ep and keep clicking the add to mylist icon behind each file you have right? x_X
If yes: expand all eps and use the checkboxes, that way you can add all files for one anime to mylist with about 3 page loads.
Also look into AoM and WebAoM as well as ed2kdump.

BYe!
EXP
IcyEyes75

Post by IcyEyes75 »

When I was adding the episodes to mylist, I clicked the "expand all entries" button, then clicked the "add to own mylist" button for over 1000 files. That took many hours. I'm giving AoM a try and am adding my whole collection right now. It crashed on me once, but so far I like it.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

IcyEyes75 wrote:When I was adding the episodes to mylist, I clicked the "expand all entries" button, then clicked the "add to own mylist" button for over 1000 files. That took many hours. I'm giving AoM a try and am adding my whole collection right now. It crashed on me once, but so far I like it.
so you didn't notice the checkboxes x_X

BYe!
EXP
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

There are checkboxes? :P
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

When you expand all, there are checkboxes next to each file, they are located on the left side, aligned just below episode numbers... How can you miss them?

Note that there will not be any checkboxes if you expand each episode separately, although I'm not sure why there aren't any...
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

because you usually only have 1 file for an episode
IcyEyes75

Post by IcyEyes75 »

I didn't actually miss any of the checkboxes. I seen them there, and figured that I could use them to add multiple files at a time. But the thing was, I did not see the button that I had to click for this to work. I completely missed the button "add selected to mylist", which I just noticed under the episodes after "expand all entries" is clicked. So, I clicked "add to own mylist" for each file I added.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

Der Idiot wrote:because you usually only have 1 file for an episode
not if you have seen the same episode by different grops
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

nwa wrote:
Der Idiot wrote:because you usually only have 1 file for an episode
not if you have seen the same episode by different grops

note the "usually" :P