Okay...Adding files...

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

tattooed

Okay...Adding files...

Post by tattooed »

(First to Rar... you shouldn't be so biased. I love indigo and if this forum was based on the fact of not wanting colored text, why is it an option? Anyway... believe me I think on my own and honestly, a Mod should be a little less harsh in their responses next time. Not everyone here can comprehend this kind of stuff. Yeah, I missed a few lines when reading.. again not sleeping very much kind of makes a person less likely to concentrate to their top quality.)

Okay now to the real question... How do I add a file? I tried adding one of my anime files and I am guessing I just didn't fill out the information correctly. Said something about that anime name was not in AniDB and was being ignored.

Thanks to anyone for a response that may not be so ignorant as the last one I had gotten.

*What's a good way to lose support for the website?...An egotistical mod.*
:lol:
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Yes, we'll be sad to see our customers go away because of my ego, I mean, how else are we going to keep ourselves in swimming pools, fast cars, and prostitutes.

Try reading the documentation or searching the forum, your question makes no more sense than your colour preference.

Rar
tattooed

Post by tattooed »

Sure. I don't understand why my question is so hard for you, Oh mighty one. It was put very simply. What kind of support board is this if you are too lazy to answer the question? Instead all you do is give the links most of us have already looked at.

Nevermind I figured it out on my own. AOM is having server problems.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

answering your questions, anidb is just a way to keep your anime and files organized (it can also serve as an informant of newly released files) just that, you start by going to the anime page of the anime you want to add files and choose the ones you have, click add and they are in your mylist, if the file doesn't exist in the db, you have to manualy add the file, unless you are prety sure your file is corrupt, in that case don't add it.
AOM/webaom is a program to scan a dir of files (or just files), compute their hashes, comunicate with anidb and automaticaly add those files to your mylist under the correct anime (it can also rename your files if you so configure), in the circunstance you have a file that does not exist in the db you will have to add it manualy through the web interface, again if you suspect that your file is corrupt, don't add it, use a generic file (on the web interface).
As for using indigo as your text color, you are obviously free to use so, though it can cause avoc in some people senses :P
As for rar being a troll, we all know about it, you just have to live with it :P

btw, i would first search the wiki for information, then the forum (because if you search the wiki first at least you should have a bit of background on the terms used, so you can formulate a good search query)
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

See fahry, you've just written 250 words making a poor copy of info that's already on the wiki and all over the foru, if the tards can't click links, why should you spoon feed them? Just encourages them not to learn better.

Rar
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

Rar wrote:See fahry, you've just written 250 words making a poor copy of info that's already on the wiki and all over the foru, if the tards can't click links, why should you spoon feed them? Just encourages them not to learn better.

Rar
i know it's a poor copy, that's why i sent him to the wiki and then to the forum :P
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

tattooed wrote:What kind of support board is this if you are too lazy to answer the question?
And you seriously think that your attitude is any better?

BYe!
EXP