Source and Storage notes Mass editing and Mass adding.

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

kidan

Post by kidan »

Elias wrote: Where is this option to update storage field? I see there only options to change state / source / seen flags.
Image Image
Just like I said. (beware my gimp-foo)
Elias wrote: Quick? If you have to rehash thousends of files placed on cd/dvd only to change one field? (If you have more discs you propably use some searching/archiving software to keep track of them, but updating this info in anidb is little problematic now).
Easy? With more number of such discs its not that easy. Its rather easy way to damage some of them in progress.
Well, if you got that many files and did not enter the description on adding those, then you should either use AOM or some other automated tool for the job (maybee even write yourself a little udp-client to do this). But for the average anime fan the described method works quite well (I suggest setting this info while burning the CDs/DVDs).

PS: You know that you should check your backup media from time to time to see if some 'bitrot' has happened, don't you? So rehashing the files once in a while can be part of the backup strategy (besides keeping two copies on different media).
Elias

Post by Elias »

kidan wrote:Just like I said. (beware my gimp-foo)
8O New unknown future of anidb is now presented to me. Thanks.
kidan wrote:Well, if you got that many files and did not enter the description on adding those, then you should either use AOM or some other automated tool for the job (maybee even write yourself a little udp-client to do this).
AOM not worked well for me and i prefer using www interface.
kidan wrote:PS: You know that you should check your backup media from time to time to see if some 'bitrot' has happened, don't you? So rehashing the files once in a while can be part of the backup strategy (besides keeping two copies on different media).
Anime is not critical data and even if i lost something i usually allways can get them again (from same source). As for rehashing: rehashing files on cd/dvd can be extremally slowly when media is not so fresh or little damaged.