Antileech help

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Rouin

Antileech help

Post by Rouin »

I have a folder in my bookmarks labeled potentials where I keep a list of anidb pages on different anime I was interested in (of which there are a lot :P)...anyways I accidently clicked 'Open in Tabs' at the bottom of the folder contents, and it did just that. Now I get this Antileech Access Denied thing when I load pages in anidb in the page title and then up near the top of the it says

"This system is very new and likely to contain random features. If you think that you have been denied access unjustified, please contact an AniDB moderator or post on the support/bugreport forum.

In order to minimize serverload AniDB tries to prevent automated accesses and "crawling"
of the AniDB website. You have exceeded the per user limit for AniDB accesses.

You will not be allowed any more page loads for the time being.
Please contact an AniDB moderator in the Support Forum or on IRC to have your access rights
restored or come again another day."

Not sure what exactly it does (other than messing with the text formating and stuff which gets all weird and getting rid of some of the stuff near the top of the page I think, but otherwise I still have access to everything like I normally would >.>)...but its rather annoying, so here I am following the messages advice and posting this thread in the support section. If you could get rid of that for me it'd be great, and I'll be very careful not to let this same mistake happen again in the future.

Sorry for all the trouble and thanks in advance
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

You're not in the ban list, so I think you're dealing with a bug here, cause when you see that message, you're not supposed to be able to visit any anidb pages.
ATM, only PetriW could probably help you unless the problem solves by itself.