Files renamed

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

TougeSil80

Files renamed

Post by TougeSil80 »

Why are the file names of our recently released Gun X Sword episodes renamed after I submitted the links. I'm concerned because some of the episode names on translations are incorrect or worded differently than ours (for example, EP.22 was renamed to adios amigo when our translated name was "For who's sake"). Is there a way to change it back? Thanks.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Files don't have a name, the name is inherited from the anime and episode and the episode entry has only had the name "Adios amigos".

Aka, this is not a bug.
hhaamu

Post by hhaamu »

Remind me to stay away from your group ("SHRIMPS"?). It's spelled "For whose sake"
worf

Post by worf »

i could have told you before, hhaamu ...
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

To give summat to 'em though, we've currently got the title of ep 22 as アディオスアミーゴ which is an abcd1234-on-crack special (that guy is really asking for his auto-trans ass to be banned), official site and scheduals and stuff quite clearly list it as 誰がために.

Rar
TougeSil80

Post by TougeSil80 »

If I click the link, the file downloaded is automatically named to GUNxSWORD - 22 - Adios Amigo - [SHRIMPS].wmv, I don't mind the name are re-arranged, but the episode titles are very different from our file, could you possible just make the links to leave our the episode title? (GUNxSWORD - 22 - [SHRIMPS].wmv is fine). Thank you.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

TougeSil80 wrote:If I click the link, the file downloaded is automatically named to GUNxSWORD - 22 - Adios Amigo - [SHRIMPS].wmv, I don't mind the name are re-arranged, but the episode titles are very different from our file, could you possible just make the links to leave our the episode title? (GUNxSWORD - 22 - [SHRIMPS].wmv is fine). Thank you.
no we can't. The filenames are the same for _every_ release of a certain episode. It doesn't matter which group subbed it.
So unless you can convince some mods that your title for that episode is actually the correct one, nothing will be changed.

BYe!
EXP
TougeSil80

Post by TougeSil80 »

I see. Ok, thanks for the info.