A request

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

kamenoko

A request

Post by kamenoko »

I was wondering if this:
constraint wrote: 31.01.06 02:11 Kimi ga Nozomu Eien constraint (92094) 1 I will rate your review the same way you came up with a four for the animation.
is a fair and unbiased critique of my review?

Perhaps it could be... deleted?
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

He might be wrong in answering like that... but a 4 for animation? What you leave for really bad animations. -_-;
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

I'd say a 4 is about right for most tv anime, on a scale of static (0) to nausicaa (10). :D

Anyway... I'll deal. Just don't have a hissy fit like charn did the other day:
09.02.2006 22:40:24 REVIEW_DEL 3237 22 charn (106318)
09.02.2006 22:40:01 REVIEW_DEL 3229 117 charn (106318)
09.02.2006 22:39:42 REVIEW_DEL 3055 21 charn (106318)
09.02.2006 22:39:13 REVIEW_DEL 3072 113 charn (106318)
09.02.2006 22:38:43 REVIEW_DEL 3421 1868 charn (106318)
09.02.2006 22:38:20 REVIEW_DEL 3070 104 charn (106318)
09.02.2006 22:37:59 REVIEW_DEL 3057 1530 charn (106318)
09.02.2006 22:37:30 REVIEW_DEL 3230 2002 charn (106318)
09.02.2006 22:02:34 REVIEW_DEL 3417 575 charn (106318)

The odd tard comment *isn't* the end of the world...

Rar

Post by Guest »

LOL, I thought I will be decent and not saying anything in public about this :lol: . But I really didn't like this idea of having people who did not actually read anything I said and voted low for my reviews. I wanted to contribute seriously, and I spent quite an effort to craft one review up. Oh yes I know, my reviews are far from being not 'the best' here (though before I removed all of them, a few of my reviews were ranked #1 ^^ in some database). And my opinion usually differs greatly from public opinion. But I did my job as a reviewer : honestly say what I feel about each anime as objectively as possible, think carefully about what to write, craft my reviews the way that it would flow so that my readers' attention will not fluctuate, and rated everything as fair as I can.

I appreciate that not all the mods write reviews, so you might think that I was over-reacting. But I can tell you that it was rather disappointing when I saw some idiots voting '1' for my reviews for no reason. And it's not only once. It has been many times. My DBZ review had 3 people voting '1' for it .. for no reason at all and My Eva, Gundam Seed Destiny review are the same .. Oh, if they have some serious criticisms to vote 'low' for my review, I won't complain. But obviously they don't. (I'd also like to point out that three people who voted low for my reviews write very terrible reviews themselves. I'd list their names, but oh I am too decent to do so .. so I won't)

I appreciate that AniDB has lots of intelligent users and there are some reviewers here who are extremely talented. I would love to seriously contribute, but oh, this voting system is too flawed. It is unfair for reviewers not to be able to bring up the matter of 'crap' vote to the attention of moderators to have it resolved. That's why I decided to quietly leave. I didn't think that my name will be mentioned :lol:, but it has been, so that's why I am posting to respond. No, I am not angry at this site as you mistakenly believe. I just don't see a point of continue contributing while my rating can easily get abused by inconsiderate users who brought down the score of my reviews down undeservedly.

P.S. I posted as a guest as I couldn't log-in. It said incorrect username / password. I swear to god that it's correct :wink:
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Hint, most people are stupid. There'll always be tards who don't follow the review vote rules.

The tards flock in if you go against "public opinion" and dislike something hyped.

If your review is good it'll find the people that appreciate it. And they'll look for other reviews by you.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Guest-san, in which case, you message me, the tard gets the tard-auto-message, and your pride is in tact. Life *is* critical and unfair, if you can't take the odd idiot telling you that you suck, then I guess you'll have to complain about life being flawed, and delete it.

Rar
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Anonymous wrote:I posted as a guest as I couldn't log-in. It said incorrect username / password. I swear to god that it's correct :wink:
Your account was deleted. :P
Not, really... there is something wrong with the forum software. Is acting funny. As an example I can't log out. :lol:
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

You mean... you're really a little girl in a coma somewhere DonGato?

Rar

Post by Guest »

Grr .. I still couldn't log-in ! :wink:

No, I don't mind hearing idiots saying that I suck. (I heard it far too many times .. and in some particular cases I have already heard something far worse than that from other site :wink: ) But I don't like to have them having the right to vote for my reviews. They can send me the message saying that 'my review suck' I don't mind. I probably read it and delete it. But when my review got a 6.22 rating when five excellent reviewers voted a ten for it and another four voted 3 or 1 saying some stupid one word like 'ugh', 'I feel sorry for you', or something stupid like that (and their votes count), and I can't bring this matter up with a mod to have it resolved) ... That's something I don't appreciate. I should have talked to you before. I have PMed one moderator (which I won't say his name) and asked him what should I do, and the reply I got did not answer any of the questions I raised. I should have chosen to PM you at that occasion .. but oh, now it's too late :wink:

Thank you for your reply though, I appreciate it. And I think I'll shut up because I can sense that you are thinking that I am a bad guy.

(PS I would appreciate it if you take a look and see why I can't login :wink: )

- Charn
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Rar wrote:You mean... you're really a little girl in a coma somewhere DonGato?

Rar
LOL

You got me! :P
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

Charn wrote:and I can't bring this matter up with a mod to have it resolved
Actually you can, we can delete review comments.
Charn wrote:I have PMed one moderator (which I won't say his name) and asked him what should I do, and the reply I got did not answer any of the questions I raised.
It's highly possible that at that time, we *couldn't* delete review comments. :lol:

and who was that mod and what did he say, I'm really curious, it wasn't me, was it? :D
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Try http://www.anidb.net/forum/profile.php? ... ndpassword Charn?

As nwa is a tard and has not bothered reading this thread before jumping in and deleting the comment anyway, I'll point out that we don't really want to moderate review comments too much, they should generally be considered private communications, and I encourage people to revoke them and rethink rather than just deleting them, except in complete spam-abuse cases. It's not the mod's job to mediate over what is and what isn't a good review and what is and what isn't fair critisism.

However, if you're recieving lots of very tarded comments, the right thing to do is send a message to an active mod (er... that's the baka or me, really), *not* to storm off in a huff.

Rar
suppy

Post by suppy »

I used some of the comments from this thread to help me make the "Reacting to comments" section of the review comments wikipage a bit more ... full.
If I have made any blatant mistakes in what I gathered from this thread; it is a wiki - please correct me =)

http://wiki.anidb.info/w/Review_comment ... o_comments
Amour

Post by Amour »

Rar wrote:I'll point out that we don't really want to moderate review comments too much, they should generally be considered private communications, and I encourage people to revoke them and rethink rather than just deleting them, except in complete spam-abuse cases. It's not the mod's job to mediate over what is and what isn't a good review and what is and what isn't fair critisism.
I agree with this philosophy. I wish some other boards could be like this, because it is sometimes very annoying to see hundreds of messages being deleted by mods just because of a difference of point of view.
kamenoko

Post by kamenoko »

DonGato wrote:He might be wrong in answering like that... but a 4 for animation? What you leave for really bad animations. -_-;
The reason why I gave KgnE a 4 is because of the lazy, uninspired animation. The gratuitous use of panning, still frame reaction, and gererally boring animation. The animation does not differ from the "standard" anime style in any comprehensible way. To put this into perspective, the animation for the most part was of the quality of Noir. The only real difference between the two was that Noir had very well-animated action scenes. Plus Noir was a much superior anime, the anime having lesbians in it.

That's why I gave it a 4 :D