Login Failed - Wrong username/password

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

juggen

Post by juggen »

LOGIN FAILED!

NOTE:
If you have forgotten your password (or never got it to begin with)
you can request a

Password Reminder for user juggen

You will receive an email with a temporary password to access your anidb account.

You might also want to take a look at:

AniDB Documentation Project Forum

AniDB FAQ Forum
AniDB Support Forum

AniDB Help Pages

Back

V 0.1.02dev - 04.12.2005, (C) 2002-2005 by AniDB, all rights reserved

That's what always comes up when I visit the site, and the only thing i have to do is click the login button in the lower left corner, cause my pw is saved in firefox, but why does this message come up to begin with, everything is as it should be, atleast that's what i think :?
also when i have just logged in, I can use the site for a while, maybe a couple of hours at best, I think, before this message comes up again.

Reinstalled windows a while ago, and before that, I didn't have this problem, and reinstall it again is not an option, takes too much time to install everthing. so plz, some help here would be nice :wink: [/b]
suppy

Post by suppy »

are you using it from different computers? because this happens when I have set it to "remember" me on more than one computer and I switch between them. it is a cookies issue I believe. nothing to do about it but to just use one single computer
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

you haveto click the * to get to this page:
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=login

tick both settings. enter your om and username and done. if you don't wipe your cookies you will stay logged in forever
juggen

Post by juggen »

yeah i use different computers sometimes, when i'm at a friends house or something like that.

I didn't really get Der Idiots explanation, like what's the *, and "om"?
suppy you said I had to stop using different computers, but isn't that too late now, cause this problem comes all the time, without using multiple computers.
And plz make the explanation easy, cause i'm from sweden, and english just wasn't my best subject in school, so no extreme explanation thank you, otherwise I have to ask a friend to explain it to me =)
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

"om"?
it's called a typo. also known as "fat finger" syndrom.

but seriously you mean
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=login

tick both settings. enter your on and username and done.
is not easy enough already? want me to draw you a lil nice piccy? ok you can get that I'm in a silly mood anyway

juggen

Post by juggen »

I liked your explanation there =)
that was really super easy, but I can't get that window or whatever, cause i always end up with that "login failed stuff"
I tried when i'm logged in, then it only says, you're already logged in, and when your logged out, well I get the "login failed page"

I hope it's not cause of all my progs which keeps my computer clean:
TuneUp Utilities 2006
Clean up!
ad-aware SE personal
spybot search & destroy
regclean

EDIT:
Oh, right!! I can't use the site at all, when i'm not logged in, always end up with "login failed", the only thing that I can use is, LOGIN, otherwise nothing....

EDIT 2:
also use adblock for, firefox!!
i'm gonna experiment a little with it, to se if that's the problem, cause EXPLORER, works great, there's something wrong with firefox!!!!

EDIT 3
HELL YEAH!!! I found my ******* problem!!!!
removed all cookies in firefox and now it works as it should.