All text and list to the left?

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Taags

All text and list to the left?

Post by Taags »

How come the anidb staff has changed so that the episode lists and text and all. Is to the left side of the screen and not in the center as i used to be?
It looks really ugly now...a small issue but why did you change it?
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Er... I don't actually understand what you're saying, but this or this will probably be the solution. And you could like... read the news on the main page an' shizzle.

Rar
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

I had the same thing as well, eventhough I'm using Mozilla. It's back to normal now though.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Yeah, it's also true that we might break stuff mid-change and you get something weird stuck in your cache - just hitting refresh will probably clear some weirdness.

Rar
Taags

Post by Taags »

In know my post was a little weird. I will try and explain

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... elfen+lied

Im talking about the award pictures and the group info things. Before they were all in the center looking good. But now they are to the left.
The same thing when you add files they are all the way to the left instead of in the center.
I know its a small issue but i liked it the way it was :)
TechNiko

Post by TechNiko »

Evolve to FireFox, that's Internet Explorer's fault.
Taags

Post by Taags »

Is it IEs fault? How come it only changed recently? Is it because the "remake" of the site?
Z-95

Post by Z-95 »

Most likely. IE is completely HORRIBLE at CSS rendering, with many web developers (myself included) having to manipulate and hack their CSS styles to have it look close to what it is supposed to look like. Anidb decided to offer no support for IE to not have to deal with this mess. It's pretty sad too, CSS has been around since 1996 (when CSS1 was recommended by the W3C) and IE is STILL horrible at it, and IE7 will STILL not support some basic CSS2. So, how to fix it? Do like the others said and install Firefox; it's more secure, faster, and actually renders things to display them as they were intended to display according to the specifications, instead of messing everything up. And, seeing as Firefox is free, you have nothing to lose by trying it. Go ahead, the rest of us have! :D
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

Of course you can always try Opera (also free) ;) Which is even more strict in CSS ;)

But let`s not go into a browser-war - I`m just stating that firefox isn`t all superior. It`s just that IE isn`t all that great either and AniDB decided to use firefox as client instead of starting off from IE.

Z-95 is correct though; IE still doesn`t display all CSS correctly. I also encountered that when I wanted to make a website CSS-proper. But even then Opera and Firefox clashed and it took me months to get it displayed properly in both IE, Firefox and Opera. Tweaking sucks ... sometimes.

ps: I`m also a firefox-user :P