Is Shinsha no Sho anime?

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Azaghal

Is Shinsha no Sho anime?

Post by Azaghal »

While browsing the site of Animafest in Zagreb, I noticed that among other animated movies there will be a Japanese movie named "Shinsha no Sho" (The book of the dead) featured.

Since I couldn't find it in AniDB, I did a little Googling and it turned out Shinsha no Sho is actually movie animated with puppets stop motion. I couldn't get more details since most pages are in Japanese and I can't read Japanese.

So I was wondering should it be added to AniDB.
AniDB wrote: AniDB considers "anime" as an animated, professionally produced, feature work created by a Japanese staff for the Japanese market.
The question is, should filming with puppets be considered an animation.

I belive so, since both 3D and 2D CG are put into anime, and I don't see much differnce between some 3D CG and puppetes in terms of visual impresion.

And all other conditions are there: it's professionaly produced by Japanese, has a plot and is made for Japanese market.

So, should it be allowed into AniDB?
pelican
AniDB Staff

Post by pelican »

I think I'd be for just about any sort of stop motion animation (of japanese origin) in anidb, but not without categories to indicate that this is what they are. (I feel similarly about full cg productions, btw.)