lost all votes on account

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

dark

lost all votes on account

Post by dark »

For some reason, the 200 or so votes I made on my account "dark" before September 12, 2005 dissapeared from the db. Was any code changed in the db that might have caused it? This is rather annoying, since I haven't watched some of the series in so long that I'd have a tough time re-rating them. I'd appriciate any ideas on why this may have happened or what I can do to get it back. Someone in #anidb suggested that my account was hijacked or it was someone's idea of a sick joke since I'm from New York and it was September 11, but I find that fairly hard to believe since I think an invader would have done worse than revoking all my votes one by one. Thanks.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

rofl
er.. I'm sorry, this is no laughing matter, but your votes were wiped...

I can't say for sure as I haven't wiped any votes yet, but since for some reason you got 4 accounts and we consider having more than 2 accounts highly suspicious (for example, for vote exploiting) then we from time to time wipe the votes.
Now, honestly speaking, did you or did you not vote with all 4 of your accounts? Why did you have 4 accounts?
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Eh, you didn't mention that on IRC. If, by any chance, the other accounts had votes 10 for FMA and 1 for Kenshin Tsuiokuhen or visa versa, you might well have got bopped. Anyway, still need to check if EXP has dump prior to the wipe and if a restore is possible.

Rar
dark

Post by dark »

I have four accounts? This is news to me. Every one but dark can be deleted, I don't think they're mine... I certainly don't use them. There's a chance that I made a hentai name at one point and forgot about it, but other than that I have no idea what the account are. Wouldn't it be reasonable to message or e-mail someone before wiping out all their votes?

EDIT: NWA showed me the accounts. I dunno why I made them, two hadn't even been activated yet and the third looks like a test account I was using for testing shaky files with aom. If any mod is available, please delete accounts:
dark530
darkdave
davidkell

Thanks. EXP, is there any chance of getting the votes restored on my "dark" account now that the multi-profile issue is resolved?
Amour

Post by Amour »

Rar wrote:If, by any chance, the other accounts had votes 10 for FMA and 1 for Kenshin Tsuiokuhen or visa versa, you might well have got bopped.
Boy, I do not want my votes to be wiped in the future. Could you inform me about:
* Do I have any other forgotten account?
* Is there any other forbidden rule like voting 0 for FMA/Kenshin?
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

No, but any accounts by users that turn out to be french are liable to be deleted without notice.

Rar
Amour

Post by Amour »

*will change to the Belgium nationality*
e-Viper

Post by e-Viper »

we don't want you
AnimeOtaku

Post by AnimeOtaku »

or become German...:lol:

u get no work and no future and no money