Other people viewing MyList

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

SilverFox

Other people viewing MyList

Post by SilverFox »

I made a list of my favourite animes. And sometimes I get asked which series I've seen, or what anime series I'd recommend. But typing everything is alot of work, so I figured it would be alot easyer to just copy paste the link of the anime list I made.

Of course when I do so, and other people try to view it, they can only do so when there logged in with my account :/

So I tried logging of, and searching for mylist while not logged on, so they would be able to view the link of mylist. But I couldn't find it. And when I clicked on Userlist, I didn't see my name between the users shown.

Anyway if anyone could explain to me how to view my own list while not logged on, I would really appreciate it. My nick is: siiverfox

Thanks in advance
TechNiko

Post by TechNiko »

While logged in, go to MyPlace -> Profile

Change Permission:
see my anime list
make sure "Member" and "Guest" are checked here

Go back to MyPlace
See the number next to your name at the top of the page? That's your user ID (uid)
If you want someone to see a page that belong to you, be that MyVotes, MyList or others, simply add "&uid=****" at the end of each URL.

For example if your uid is 0101, do:
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... t&uid=0101

If you want them to see your MyVotes list, sorted by Highest votes at the top, it's also possible like this:
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... 1&uid=0101
SilverFox

Post by SilverFox »

Thanks alot I got it working now :D

I didn't have the "Guest" option clicked on. And I also clicked the Guest option on for "see my votes". I tried it with only the "see my anime list" turned on but that didn't work correctly, or so I think. Maybe I did something wrong :oops:

Anyway I didn't really look into it since it's working now, just thought I'd let you know :wink: