Lameness: no irc info

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Amour

Lameness: no irc info

Post by Amour »

1) What if two groups have same IRC channel?
2) What if a group doesn't have any IRC channel? (or is dead group)
Super_Mew

Post by Super_Mew »

2) Groups don't need IRC channels in order to be listed.
egg

Post by egg »

I ignore anything that says it is lame. The lameness factor was a good idea when the system was young, it helped identify possible places of missing information. Unfortunately there are a lot of cases now that are exceptions and you CANNOT make them so they are not lame... Personally, I think that anything that is measured as lame should probably be put in as a mylist report and the lameness measurements should be removed.
Amour

Post by Amour »

Oh, nice idea Egg!
But how can you put a group in mylist? ;)
egg

Post by egg »

Amour wrote:Oh, nice idea Egg!
But how can you put a group in mylist? ;)
You can't directly, but it you add files to your mylist and those files have groups (except for generics and no groups files), so using those relationships there are groups that are related to your mylist...

An advantage of this method is that anyone who has a file from that group could see the lack of information in a report and could add it in... Right now only the owner knows the information is missing, unless someone goes and looks at the group page...
worf

Post by worf »

egg wrote:Personally, I think that anything that is measured as lame should probably be put in as a mylist report and the lameness measurements should be removed.
ACK

New mylist reports are always welcome. ;)