An explanation about specific anime group vote

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Raptor

An explanation about specific anime group vote

Post by Raptor »

I am talking about the vote that you can give to a group regarding a specific series

My idea about this vote was that it was to select the file that had overall the best quality in term of video, sound and translation for a series.

But by reading the comments on those files im really starting to wonder if either i didnt understood or this system is becoming completely useless.

After reading many comments i discovered that many if not most of these comments are not about any of the 3 characteristics i just said but about the speed of releases.

This bring the question if i select a group for a series based on the higuest score. Am i getting the best file available or am i getting the file that was getting released 'on time' back when it was actually airing. Because the more i look at it and the more i feel like its the later.

So what is this vote exactly?
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

The same everything else is that you let people vote on: whatever they make it. You'll find the comment on anime-for-group more useful if you want sense on a particular aspect of the release, especially for current popular things that attract the fanboi votespammers.

Rar
egg

Post by egg »

Make a wiki entry for what it should be and ask exp to link it... That way at least there will be a reference for what it should be, but like everything else, there is nothing to enforce it.

BTW, I thought exp was going to remove the group page votes and average the per anime ones for that score... Wonder what happened to that.
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

Well personally i think that the group vote should be different after all if they release on time, make their release easily available are a good bunch of peoples yadda yadda then you can give them a good group vote even if their files suck. At least thats how i see it.

I will make a wiki i just wanted to make sure that my way of seeing things was the way the mods see it.