Please I need help with subtitles!!!

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

seeramuun1

Please I need help with subtitles!!!

Post by seeramuun1 »

Hello everyone!!!....This is my first time here and this is my first post :D
I have a question....I'm downloading the sailor moon sesson...I have the sailor moon original, sailor moon R and I'm starting to download sailor moon S and Super S...the S and Super S sessons are in mkv (matroska video player)format so I'm using the VideoLAN VLC player that allow me to see the episodes with subtitles...for the S sesson It's just fine because the episodes have english subtitles...but for the Super S I can't see the subtitles because the episode have two tracks, one in japanase and one in english...but I like the anime episodes in japanase with subs in english.....PLEASE if anyone know where I can find subtitles for the Super S sesson or a site where I can download the episodes for that sesson in japanase with subs in english please help me....excuse me if i have postes in a place I can't post this kind of problems but i really don't know where to post....Thanks a Lot... :D :wink:

I'm writing again because the episodes from Sailor Moon Super S I have are Ripped by Haterman...If someone have the episodes ripped by haterman please tell me if you can see the subtitles...
Thanks
ricce

Post by ricce »

According to anidb dose Hurtman's funsub have subtitles - but you need to explictic tell your player to show them - it's not enoth to tell the player you want to use the japanese audio track

I don't know how to do that in VLC - but it shuld be the same way you spesefied subtitles in the S eppisodes
axel

Post by axel »

I simply recomend changing player to MPC (Media Player Classic)
Amour

Post by Amour »

Or “BS Player” or “VLC media player” or anything, but not “Windows Media Player” from Microsoft.
Andemon

Post by Andemon »

I'd recommend Zoom Player.
The standard version is free, and should be sufficient for most users. There's also professional version, not free, but it's fully configurable and does have an impressive amount of features. Can pretty much do everything that all the other players can do, combined.

BSPlayer isn't bad either, though -- and as Amour said, anything's better than Media Player.
egg

Post by egg »

Andemon wrote:I'd recommend Zoom Player.
I used to use zoom player, but with each upgrade the free player kept taking away features I was using. I went through and tried a bunch of players and this is what I came up with:
1) BSPlayer, this is the primary player, it has the features I want to use and the best user interface.

2) MPC, This has fewer features, but frequently works when BSPlayer fails because of Codec or other problems. For instance I uninstalled some software for Encoding DVDs and now BSPlayer does not have sound for GitS SAC, MPC works fine... Also BSPlayer has some problems with some softsubs before and MPC worked fine.

3) VLC, This is a catch all, it can work on incomplete/corrupted files, but the user interface leaves a lot to be desired. I generally use this If I need to preview a file I am downloading.
seeramuun1

Post by seeramuun1 »

Yes...I choose the japanase track and then I choose the subtitles but the only thing that i can see at the beggining is GAB2 in the subtitles... :(
Ultima
AniDB Staff

Post by Ultima »

Well seeramuun1, you weren't seeing things after all. I have all of Haterman's encodes for Super S. Here's what I found:

Episode 1: Actually an avi. You need to get the srt for subtitles.
Episodes 2-4: It has a srt muxed into the .mkv, but I think they were improperly muxed. If you open these files in virtualdub, these srt files have unknown lengths so they won't play, thus the cause of the trouble you are having. You will have to get the srts for these episodes (me included).
Episodes 5-39: These files display their subtitles properly (yes, I opened each file to check).

I think between episodes 1-2 Haterman switched from avi to mkv so I guess there were problems or with episodes 2-4 for some reason. Funny that no one pointed it out earlier o_O; Anyways, I hope that helps.