Bypass login to view hentai series

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Jarudin

Bypass login to view hentai series

Post by Jarudin »

Is it possible to bypass the 'you can disable this warning in your profile settings. Note: You need to be logged in to change your profile settings.' message?

Not because I'm not old enough, or dont have login account 8O but because I'm working on a read-from-harddrive-getinfo-from-anidb-PHP-script :)
I'm using the fopen() function to open the webpage I need, this will allow me to get the 'aid' (Anime ID?) number so I can use that function again to read stuff like, ep count, pictures, fansub groups from the parsed HTML code.
Ofcourse, looking for an aid-number on a webpage that doesn't have an aid-number (like the hentai-login-message instead of the search-display-page) wont work, and thus my anime list will remain incomplete.

Is there any way to bypass the login message and get the aid-number/other info anyways? Or is there some anidb-feature I can use to access this information.

The script can be found here:
http://members.lycos.nl/jarudin/files/anime.rar (contains several files)

On a side note: the mylist etc features that anidb has is great ofcourse but I dont wanna manually add 400 anime series if you catch my drift 8O

Thanks,
--Jarudin--
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

atm i have 350 animes on my list, added myself 50% without AoM, most users of anidb are the same, some with more than 600 animes on list, but anyways what you want is explained at the Development Forum / UDP Api Clients.
Jarudin

Post by Jarudin »

Damn, I gotta learn C first 8O Too complicated stuff for an autodidact PHP programmer :p

I just learned about Streams and Sockets w/ Java but Streams w/ PHP seems totally diffrent :?

Anyways, thanks for the reply :)

If anybody knows a diffrent (easier) way plz tell me

--Jarudin--
debro

Post by debro »

just let you know

you can use wget and pass your headers and cookies from firefox into it.

I have done it in linux before but i am not if it works on windows ports of wget or not.

one other thing. If you want to look at VB.net there are httpstream classes that allow you to send cookies when needed(for login purposes)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

Jarudin wrote:Damn, I gotta learn C first 8O Too complicated stuff for an autodidact PHP programmer :p

I just learned about Streams and Sockets w/ Java but Streams w/ PHP seems totally diffrent :?

Anyways, thanks for the reply :)

If anybody knows a diffrent (easier) way plz tell me

--Jarudin--
Why do you need to learn C for that?
PHP should be able to open UDP connections.
Using the UDP API is the right way to get data from anidb in an automated manner, we're not too fond of scripts which generate HTTP queries and parse the returned html pages.
It's a waste of resources.

And btw. did you try out AoM or WebAoM at least once? I am not sure what you're trying to do, but they might actually already do everything you need :P

BYe!
EXP