A faster way to enter in files?

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Jelsoft

A faster way to enter in files?

Post by Jelsoft »

Is there a faster way to enter in files in the anidb database?

Everytime I add a new file, I have to enter in the CRC,SHA and MD5 (which I have to hash myself), the size of the video, group released, audio type, video type etc.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

AOM and the undocumented right-click to copy field is the fasted way I've found of adding complete information.

Rar
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

if you're lazy you can also add files leaving all the values out which AoM can auto-add. And then hash those files in AoM (if it's set to auto-creq).

BYe!
EXP
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

To be more specific: If you hash the file with AOM, the following entries will be set a by an automatic change-request:
  • sha
  • md5
  • crc
  • video-height
  • video-width
You still have to set the CRC normally, because otherwise the status "CRC valid" can't be set.

... and especially when mass-adding files, I always use this lazy way ^^
Rar
AniDB Staff

Re: A faster way to enter in files?

Post by Rar »

Jelsoft (on AR) wrote:I gave the program a try.

The program can hash files with no problem, but it can't get the codec, size and length of mkv files.
Indeed. Not even g-spot can atm. AOM 0.6 might have extra support (/me sticks the boot in peli-tan), but for the moment scrabbling what you can from the player is best bet.

Rar
Jelsoft

Post by Jelsoft »

As I mentioned here, AOM works for hashes, but it can't get the codec, size and length for mkv files.

Yes, for now I have open up the file in Media Player to get the size of the file.

Though how do I get the codec and audio for mkv files?
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

first of all... please don't add the file size manually.. the file size will be filled in automatically if you provide the ed2k link (note the 'may be left blank if ed2k link is provided.' next to the file size field)
second of all.. to get the codec info including the bitrates of .ogm and .mkv files, you have to use Virtual Dub Mod, open the file and check under File Information
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

For MKV-Files, there's also the Matroska Prop program. It adds a few tabs to an MKV-File's property window in Windows Explorer. At the moment, it can display the codec type, video size, framerate, play length and several other bits and pieces of information just fine, but it unfortunately fails to calculate the bitrate. At least on my system, it only produces a dialogbox that reports that an unhandled exception has been caught - in other words, it messed up and almost crashed. (But kudos to the programmers for handling uncaught exceptions in the end rather then let explorer just die a horrible and painful death...)