Sup with the CREQs?

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Skywalka

Sup with the CREQs?

Post by Skywalka »

I usually use AoM but had 3 open CREQS for three and something days now.

You folks sleeping all the time? Shoo shoo, go grant my stuff. Or deny it. At least show some reaction. You got lazy :-)

(talking to the admins here) ^_^
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

AoM auto-creqs or normal creqs?

BYe!
EXP
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

normal ones :-)

I wouldn't ask about auto :-)
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Mods tend to try and ignore anything that might be vaugely challenging or contentious, and hope they go away. I often have creqs sitting around for ages, but the simple spelling correction ones go through straight away. Anyway, you should be the expert: Most requests: skywalka (4092), Most granted requests: skywalka (4088)

Rar
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Positively thinking, at least you don't talk bad about us behind our backs. :P
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Why should I? I know you folks are the best :-)

I always thought about pestering exp on IRC so much he'd make me a mod too and then I could start changing everything myself but I guess that is what he feared the most ;-)

And this way I can keep my counter.

Honestly though, I really only do quality creqs nowadays and only about five a month. I just can't stand those yellow questions marks - that's a value you can set yourself without having to ask anybody and some people fear to set it themselves - for instance somebody from anime.fin adds the new encodes right away but leaves out the quality rating because (I guess) he doesn't want to rate himself. So I do it for him and that's most of my creqs within the last six months - about a hundred or so :-)

I didn't ask because I think you guys are slow, I just started wondering whether the stuff I creqed posted a serious problem or something or whether I lost my reputation for filing valid CREQs ;)
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Problem is the Ultima creq processing unit found other stuff that needed doing!
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

hehe :-)

That's what happens when people work too reliable "shifts" :-)
Last edited by Skywalka on Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Well, just spent an hour granting Creqs... and that was only the ungranted ones for the last 4 days... plus wahaha took about 30 of them. 8O

200 clicks might not be much but it still takes time waiting for those pages to load.
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

... plus the time for actually checking the stuff ^^;
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Yeah sure that takes time, but compare that to those times where I filed 1500 CREQs within a month and Ultima clicked them all through :-)

Now with AoM things are pretty much down to "not so many" but of course you folks know that we love you for doing all the hard work :-)
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

I usually grant creq's at the uni, in class :lol:
lately though, I havn't been in classes :P
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Skywalka wrote:Yeah sure that takes time, but compare that to those times where I filed 1500 CREQs within a month and Ultima clicked them all through :-)
Well, even if no single person is filing those obscene amounts of creqs several people cooperating can beat 1500 creqs in a month quite easilly.
So far over 36000 creqs have been handled. There'll be periods when no mod has time but if it's becoming a problem don't you worry; one of us will raise the issue.