Mass edit mylist entries?

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

lucky644

Mass edit mylist entries?

Post by lucky644 »

This may exist, and I missed it...but i am burning everything to dvds, so I want to add in the 'storage label' where the anime is. But it looks like I have to do each file individually. Is there an option to do all the files in the series at once?

I read about the " If you want to add multiple files of an anime to your mylist better use the Mass Add to Own feature!" but I cannot find this feature =/
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

lucky644

Post by lucky644 »

Yeah I was looking at that, but it would take just about as long as doing each one manually. 8O
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

Why? Do someone forbids you to put here 50 links at once?
lucky644

Post by lucky644 »

rowaasr13 wrote:Why? Do someone forbids you to put here 50 links at once?
Who said anything about someone forbidding? It just means taking the links from each episode right? In the same time it takes to do that I can edit each one individually that's all.
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

hmm... I agree...

Especially because of you already have the files on DVD, you'd have to hash all files again just to get the ed2k values.

It whould be possible to drop filesizes or maybe even only names of files into such an anidb dialogue as well while providing the AID to distinguish the files from others. Because you have the files in your mylist already, AniDB should be able to find the files by the filesize and with the AID in your mylist and change the properties of the file. If you only drop filenames (there are a lot of tools out there producing filelists or filetree textoutputs) then you would have to choose the anime group that produces the files as well - all this could be done via the lists already present in the "add file" dialogues.

Another option would be to simply select AID, Groupname and enter a range of episodes ("1-10","1,2,3,4,5","4,5,9","1-3,5-8") that are already in your mylist and change the properties that way. If you give the exact syntax to users then it should be possible to implement this and have users use it easily. Actually this is the exact opposite way than "mass group add". You already have the "mass group files" in your mylist, you just want to "massively" change the properties.

That would be a fast way to do it. Faster than hashing stuff for hours on end.
lucky644

Post by lucky644 »

Yeah, speed is all I was concerned about :p