How to add "X eps in 1" files?

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Lag

How to add "X eps in 1" files?

Post by Lag »

I've added files for series Di Gi Charat. The 16 episodes were released in 4 .avi files (1st file is eps 01 to 04, 2nd file is eps 05 to 08 etc).
I've added these files as "Special", but adding them to mylist won't mark the series as "16/16" in the list.
How should have I added these files so it displays fine?
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

Wait until there are generic files for all of the episodes, then add those generic files to your mylist and set them as watched.
pelican
AniDB Staff

Re: How to add "X eps in 1" files?

Post by pelican »

Lag wrote:I've added files for series Di Gi Charat. The 16 episodes were released in 4 .avi files (1st file is eps 01 to 04, 2nd file is eps 05 to 08 etc).
Unless I am mistaken, this feature is termed here as `shadow files'. It's not implemented, so you'll just have to live with your solution or use generic files in addition, as mentioned.
Lag

Post by Lag »

So I should add the file 01-04 as ep 1, 05-08 as ep 5 etc?
And then wait for some op to add generic files for 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 etc?
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

No, you should add the multi-ep files as specials (just like you did at first and described in the first post) and wait for exp to add generic files to all episodes, so that you can then add the 16 generic files neccessary to mark it as complete in your list.

I saw that you deleted & re-created the files a minute after your post... I moved them back ^^;
Lag

Post by Lag »

Bleh all that work blown up in a second ^^'
But when the generic files will be created, I'll have "16/16 + 4" in my list instead of "16/16", right?
Lag

Post by Lag »

By the way, I think joint eps are usually not labelled as specials? (ie Naruto, Prince of Tennis etc)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

Lag wrote:By the way, I think joint eps are usually not labelled as specials? (ie Naruto, Prince of Tennis etc)
only if there are no "single" files of the eps, in these cases the fact that it is a joined episode is marked directly in the ep title.
in the case of Di Gi Charat ppl would get very confused if you add your files as ep1, ep5, ...

BYe!
EXP
Lag

Post by Lag »

Ok ;)