You`re Under Arrest! TV 1 -- still pending?...

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Andemon

You`re Under Arrest! TV 1 -- still pending?...

Post by Andemon »

I've tried to submit airing data for 'You`re Under Arrest! TV 1' for past three days or so -- but it just keeps saying that there's already 'an entry pending'.

It generally doesn't take this long to verify modifications, ne? ;)
(...probably not a real bug; it's more likely that someone's simply forgotten it in 'open' state, or something...)
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

No, that one's still open because the request can neither clearly be granted nor denied, to seperate the OVA (current eps 1-4) from the TV series (and reduce the ep-count to 47)...

Post by Guest »

...as far as I can gather, those OVAs were shown as part of the TV-series. I'd say that the episode count shouldn't be reduced -- the OVAs are the first four episodes of the TV-version, so it doesn't make much sense to remove them.

...and all sites that I can find list it as having 51 episodes.

Post by Guest »

Found bit more info about it -- those first four episodes are basically same as the OVA, but were cut to 23 mins (...from 30 mins) for TV.

However, the episode list here lists them as 30 mins, so they are the OVA version, not the cut version shown on TV. Ach. This is quite complicated.

Perhaps the first four should indeed be made into separate entry (OVA), and be replaced by the cut versions (23 mins)? ...but I don't think that anyone has subbed those; why would they, when there's uncut version available -- so the first four would remain without sources, which would seem awfully confusing to anyone who doesn't know that they're also available in OVA form. :P
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

Not related to this change, but shouldn't policy for such thing be documented somewhere? Things like should TV/OVA that have numeration like last TV: ep.17, first OVA: ep.18. should be split or not (IMHO, they shouldn't) and like.
egg

Post by egg »

rowaasr13 wrote:Not related to this change, but shouldn't policy for such thing be documented somewhere? Things like should TV/OVA that have numeration like last TV: ep.17, first OVA: ep.18. should be split or not (IMHO, they shouldn't) and like.
I have seen them split in some cases. If they are not split, though, they are supposed to be listed as specials. See Wolf's Rain [2] and .hack//SIGN.
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

That's exactly why I'd like to have some sort of set policy for such things - because right now it varies from title to title (and as I've said already, I prefer "specials" solution).