Password issues

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Ninolen

Password issues

Post by Ninolen »

I recently changed the password for my anidb account and decided to change my email at the same time. After changin them, I expected to revieve confirmation that my password was changed, either at my old email address or at the one I changed it to. I waited for about an hour and did not recieve an email. I then tried to log in with the new password, and also with the old and was told it was invalid. I then click for a password request to be sent, and it has now been almost a day since I first try that, and I have also tried it more then once. I was wondering if there was someone I could pm or email to request a password change, or someone to talk to about fixing my account. Thank you
Ninolen

Post by Ninolen »

Also, I did look through the stickies and tried those steps for the ones that were related to login problems. I also had never had any problem with it before until I changed the password.
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Re: Password issues

Post by wahaha »

Ninolen wrote:I was wondering if there was someone I could pm or email to request a password change, or someone to talk to about fixing my account.
That'd be exp, then ;)
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

you have to delete the anidb cookie in your temporary internet files (-> your browser cache)

search the forum for answers, this was answered already a couple of times.

By the way: you won't get any confirmation emails when you change your password. I guess you won't get one when you change your email either.
ninohlen

Ninolen

Post by ninohlen »

Ninolen wrote:Also, I did look through the stickies and tried those steps for the ones that were related to login problems. I also had never had any problem with it before until I changed the password.
Already tried that. It still says incorrect password. As for the confirmations, I just guessed it might do that (just the trouble shooting process). Was more or less trying anything to fix the problem before I came to here. Also, this is Ninolen, decided to register so I could pm people