Problems with adding an new File

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Brisko007

Problems with adding an new File

Post by Brisko007 »

Hi,

I just tried to add an new File for "Lupin 3rd - The Alcatraz Connection".

I used the ed2k Link for the RAW. There is no such file shown but it says, that the ED2k Hash ID is already listed.

Why can't i see it?
Can i search for ed2k Links and edit the associated data and how?

Thanks

Brisko007
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Re: Problems with adding an new File

Post by wahaha »

Brisko007 wrote:Hi,

I just tried to add an new File for "Lupin 3rd - The Alcatraz Connection".

I used the ed2k Link for the RAW. There is no such file shown but it says, that the ED2k Hash ID is already listed.
The error-message itself contains a link to the existing file.
Brisko007 wrote:Can i search for ed2k Links and edit the associated data and how?
Well, it's possible, but since you seem to be talking about external subtitles: Those are currently not handled directly by AniDB. All you can do in such a case is to create a new episode ("Subtitles for file <id>", marked as special) and add the subtitle-file there.
brisko007

Post by brisko007 »

I tried it again.

It says : "ERROR: DB ERROR - ACCESS DENIED
file with same hash+size already exists "

I tried to figure out, where to find this file, but i couldn't.

Brisko007
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Funny.

When I first tried to add the file I got what wahaha said: a detailed information that there is already a file with the same ed2k in the DB. The second time I tried it I got the error message brisko007 described - no detailed information, no link to the file and no question whether I want to proceed anyway.

Here is why: the first time I used an ed2k hash that I did not have in my mylist (Lupin 3rd Alcatraz FID 59879 (Italian audio, no subs, by nogroup)

The second time I used a hash I took from my mylist (just to complete the information: it was for 3x3 eyes)

brisko007: it seems you already have the file in your mylist! To find out which file currently has that has, choose "ed2k dump" from the menue on the left, paste the hash you think is for Lupin 3rd Alcatraz and press "Add", you will then get the info that the file is already in your mylist and right next to it a blue link to the file entry itself.

I guess this all happens because the "file add" system uses part of the mylist error system if you already have that file in your mylist.
brisko007

Post by brisko007 »

Thx Guys