AniDB is showing the wrong anime

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

nozzle

AniDB is showing the wrong anime

Post by nozzle »

Please help me!
It doesn't matter which anime I select, it just shows me "Initial D Battle Stage". This is really anoying, because I don't want to read about "Initial and so on".
Help me please.
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Umm... that error makes no sense.

Anyway, click the following links:
1.a) anime-id: 1
1.b) anime: SnM
1.c) Go to the main page and enter "SnM" in the search-field.

All of the three should lead you to the entry for SnM (Seikai no Monshou / Crest of the Stars). If they do, please be more specific as for when the "Initial D error" occurs. If one or more doesn't, please post which.

Post by Guest »

The first leads me to Initial D Battle Stage, the others to SnM.
And how can I be more specific? It shows me Initial D Battle Stage everytime I click on an anime link, thats all.
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Anonymous wrote:The first leads me to Initial D Battle Stage, the others to SnM.
Apparently, adressing the animes by their number doesn't work for you. There are no cookies or special settings involved in this, and using parameters in the URL works in other cases, so all I can think of is an error somewhere between your browser and your proxy (if any).

Let's test some more links:
  • ANN, anime-id: 1155 (same parameter-format, different page)
    This one should lead you to ANN's page for Battle Stage.
  • group-id: 765 (same parameter-format, still on AniDB)
    This one should show the group-overview for "Nameless One", listing their IRC-info and the one anime they subbed.
  • anime-id: 11, expand episode 1 (to test whether a different number-param works or not)
    Should look like this:
  • anime-id: 1, expand episode 13 (if it works for the above, does it also work for a different anime?)
    Same as above
Which of the links work for you, which don't?
Anonymous wrote:And how can I be more specific?
That question was only for the case all the links worked ;)
nozzle

Post by nozzle »

First, thanks that you are trying to help me!

Ok, the last link doesn't work for me.
And if it helps: If I click the "+" , it'll lead me to Initial D again.
And yes, I have a router working.
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

So it seems that exactly the parameter for the anime-id doesn't work for you - and on top of it only on anidb... o_O

Well, while it's of course possible that there's a bug in AniDB, it's still unlikely, since there hasn't been any similar report before and there were no recent changes that may have introduced such.

All I can suggest is to try whether it works with a different browser, for example FireFox or Opera.

If it does work with them, taking a closer look at - or simply reinstalling - your normal browser (IE?) may help.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

If you're using IE you might have some 'browser helper object demon' (BHOD) intercepting links and doing his nasty things, one of them changing your links.
nozzle

Post by nozzle »

Thanks, opera works for me.
And thanks to DonGato, too.
*kick IE* NEVER COME BACK!
Shim

Post by Shim »

NeverMind, Initial D is the best anime ever :p