How to handle multiple eps/subs/audio in one File?

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

kidan

How to handle multiple eps/subs/audio in one File?

Post by kidan »

Hi, as the topic tells you, how can you handle files with more episodes of one anime as the eps are very small [e.g. Minigodess]?

Or how to handle files with 2 audiolayers and more than one sub (ogm-files) [e.g. otaku no video]?

Both apply for example for this great release from gmni:
http://forum.sharereactor.com/viewtopic.php?t=39463
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Me again ^^

At least for the audio, there's "dual (jap/eng)" as language, more of that kind could most likely be added on request...

But somehow I can't think of a good way to deal with the other things you mentioned... any Ideas (out there)?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

well for dual audio / dual sub we can add additional "languages" to those dropdowns (some are already there, as wahaha pointed out).
if some are missing post a request in the db change request forum.

the ep problem is something else. this has been requested in the past. atm i can't think of a good way to handle this.
however there are two ugly ways u can add such animes never the less (maybe this is a good time to discuss which one of them is the better quick&dirty "solution" :P)
a) you can just add each file as an ep and write the real epnumbers into the episode titles
b) you can put each file under the epno of the first ep in that file and leave the eps inbetween empty.

BYe!
EXP
kidan

Post by kidan »

is it possible that a mod/db-admin might to add the same file to more tahn one episode, or is there some primarykey-relation, which prohibits this?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

the same file may not be assigned to multiple files.
the db structure forbids this and it would cause a lot of confusion too IMHO.

BYe!
EXP