Save animedb.pl?

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

No Idea??

Save animedb.pl?

Post by No Idea?? »

Hi, I have stumble on a problem that I have no idea how to solve coz I don't know much about computer excepts it's very helpful. :P

I have always view the ANIDB page from my favorites folder but today, when i click on it, there is this file downloading popup that ask me to save "animedb.pl" to some place.

What has happened and how do I solve this in order to view ANIDB webpage again? :(
Fixy

Post by Fixy »

I don't really know what it is but I also got that earlier today but for me it was solved by restarting the webbrowser.
No Idea??

Post by No Idea?? »

I'll try that ... thanks Fixy. :)
No Idea??

Post by No Idea?? »

didn't work for me. :(
Fixy

Post by Fixy »

too bad, btw wich browser do you use it could be because the thing exp changed yesturday.
No Idea??

Post by No Idea?? »

using IE. maybe i should try using netscape?
Fixy

Post by Fixy »

They said it didn't work well with netscape and could be some problems with IE, try mozilla or someting. Personally do I use MyIE2 (http://www.myie2.com)
monster

Post by monster »

I'm getting this too and i can't access the website at all... asks me to save the file, even after restart of computer and browser.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

strange, I use MyIE too but I havn't encountered that problem... maybe you need to update?
Gzipper

Post by Gzipper »

AniDB is from now using GZip compression and your browser must be able to decode this in realtime. If it's not able it'll ask you if you want to save the outputted data as it thinks it's downloading a binary data stream.

Browsers that do work fine with gzip should be MSIE 5.x and 6.x, Opera 7.x and Firefox/Mozilla.

If you want to get a sure working browser without problems use Firefox (www.mozilla.org).
Fixy

Post by Fixy »

In my case it just happend once by some reason but it could have been because I shut down MyIE in the wrong way (so I got asked to open the last visited sites) :P
Gzipper

Post by Gzipper »

Btw. this was done to save traffic on the website as gzip compression on text and thus on HTML works great and saves 20% or more for traffic for the text pages.

Linux users using Gentoo or custom builds of their browsers may need to include zlib support to make this work.
mallia

Post by mallia »

I have this problem too, and I can't seem to get rid of it.

I was using IE 6 to start with, and i installed an update from microsoft specifically for GZip code, but it didn't help.

I then tried installing MyIE 2, since some others have been saying that that worked, but I still get the message asking if I want to download.

Can someone sugest something? I really want to be able to access AniDB!
No idea??

Post by No idea?? »

There's no way I can use IE6 to access the website so now I'm using netscape coz I have it in my system just in case my IE6 not working. I guess it's helpful now.

Anyway I think I'll get another browser downloaded just in case netscape go crazy too. :wink:
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Try Mozilla or Opera, they're good alternatives to Internet Explorer.
Or contact support to get help with how to fix your IE browser.