Inuyasha subtitle help

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Inuyasha subtitle help

Post by Guest »

I just downloaded the a4e release of Inuyasha from AniDB (he's so cool :oops: )and i also got the zoomplayer. Everyth9ing works fine, there's great audio and picture but .... (there's always a 'but' isnt there? :roll: ) the subtitles don't work. I clicked on 'Subtitle English' on the 'Stream Selection' but nothing shows up. Please help? :cry: I dont know if its as simple as installing a new codec or if i have to change something in the player settings. Help would be appreciated and I would worship you forever :wink: . Another thing, I'm something of a virgin to codecs and the such so if possible, please lay things out in layman terms. The other postings havent helped too much and I'm already using alot of the codecs discussed. Thanks so much!

PS seriously, I'll set up a shrine and sacrifice small animals to you :D
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Re: Inuyasha subtitle help

Post by wahaha »

Anonymous wrote:The other postings havent helped too much and I'm already using alot of the codecs discussed.
Well... I guess it wouldn't help much then if I simply quoted:
How to play the files? - Codecs, Players and Tools wrote:For external (.srt/.ssa/...) or internal softsubs: - [Nearly direct Link to VSFilter 2.33] (Install-Howto below!)
If you encounter a file with customizeable subtitles (so-called "softsubs", meaning that you can change the font/size/color/placement), you have to get VSFilter (former DVobSub) from SourceForge.net.
Note that it has to be installed manually:
1.A) When using Windows 95, 98 or Me: Extract the vsfilter.dll from the archive's "Release"-Directory to your "windows\system"-directory.
1.B) When using Windows 2000 or XP: Extract the vsfilter.dll from the archive's "Release-Unicode"-Directory to your "windows\system32"-directory.
2) Run the command "regsvr32.exe vsfilter.dll" (from Start->Run or the commandline).
Anyway, please get GSpot, open the file with it, click "render" and post the line after "video path". It should look like this:
(S) --> Ogg Splitter --> divx or xvid or ffdshow --> DirectVobSub (auto-loading version) --> (R)
If the "DirectVobSub"-part is missing, please follow the above instructions to install it.
If it does not, the problem is at least not a missing codec.