[EXISTS] Notification on new files by group.

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

TheJAG

[EXISTS] Notification on new files by group.

Post by TheJAG »

A function like that would be really helpfull, not anime specific but ANY new files by that group.
The "notify on new files for anime" option is enough for anime specific ntifications.
Since I, and probably some of you aswell, watch all releases from certain groups and would want to be notified when a new file is availible and also if these groups start releaseing another anime.

So what do you think? Is this a reasonable request?
HiEv

Post by HiEv »

That's what the Notify - Group option already does. See here:

AniDB Wiki: Notifications
http://wiki.anidb.info/w/Notifications

Just go to the anime, and next to Notification click the Group link to enable it.
TheJAG

Post by TheJAG »

Nice, didn't know that. :)
Guess that'll have to do.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

HiEv wrote:That's what the Notify - Group option already does. See here:

AniDB Wiki: Notifications
http://wiki.anidb.info/w/Notifications

Just go to the anime, and next to Notification click the Group link to enable it.
he was asking for non-anime specific notifications.
the group notifications available on the anime page are specific to that anime. You will only get notifications whenever one of your groups adds a file to _that_ anime.

a global notification for newly added files by group is currently not available.
though it seems useful.

has anyone already created a tracker item for this? @ feature requests @ tracker.anidb.info ?

BYe!
EXP
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

group notifies are now implemented.

BYe!
EXP
Karasuhebi

Post by Karasuhebi »

What's the difference between the different notifies in a group page? (All, New, Group and Complete) Or do they all do the same thing? (notify you when that group releases something)

I was guessing it would work something like this:
All = Notifies you of all the files that group has in AniDB when they get added
New = Notifies you of all the files that group has in AniDB that you don't already have (regardless if what group you have it by)
Group = Notifies you of all the files that group has in AniDB that you don't already have by that same group
Complete = Notifies you of when a last episode of an anime by that group is added to AniDB

Is that how it works or did I just come up with awesome ideas for how the notifies could work?

-Karasuhebi
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

read the fucking wiki...
Karasuhebi

Post by Karasuhebi »

Oh hey DerIdiot, long time no see. Seems you still got no patience with me, huh? Oh well, I guess I'll have to live with that.

But anyways, I know how the different notification types work on anime pages, I was just wondering/asking how they worked in the group pages, that is all. You don't have to get all nasty with me out of nowhere, I've done nothing to annoy you as of late. 8O

-Karasuhebi
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Karasuhebi wrote:You don't have to get all nasty with me out of nowhere, I've done nothing to annoy you as of late.
He told you how to solve your own problem. The fact that he had to do that is most likely what annoyed him.

RTFM. (or in this case, RTFW)
Karasuhebi

Post by Karasuhebi »

Like I explained in my last post, I already know how the notifies work on anime pages, so he telling me to "read the fucking wiki..." doesn't solve my problem.

-Karasuhebi
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

Karasuhebi wrote:I was guessing it would work something like this:
All = Notifies you of all the files that group has in AniDB when they get added
New = Notifies you of all the files that group has in AniDB that you don't already have (regardless if what group you have it by)
Group = Notifies you of all the files that group has in AniDB that you don't already have by that same group
Complete = Notifies you of when a last episode of an anime by that group is added to AniDB
Almost.
You guessed all, new and complete correctly :P
But group works differently. It only notifies you if you ARE already collectiong files by THAT group for an anime.
So setting a group notify on an anime and setting a group notify on the only group you collect files for that anime for is completely equivalent.
In other words you have two ways of being notified about new files by groups you're collecting:
a) add a group notify to each anime you're collecting
b) add a group notify to each group for which you're collecting the releases

In cases were you only collect releases by a few groups but for many animes, b) is easier.
Note: you can actually end up getting two notifications for the same file. One on anime and one on group level, if you set the notification settings accordingly.

BYe!
EXP
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

updated the wiki.

BYe!
EXP