Anonymity of Reviews [DENIED]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

vud911

Anonymity of Reviews [DENIED]

Post by vud911 »

There should be a feature that allows the person who reviews a review to be anonymous (viewable only by admins to curb abuses). This way, if a person who rates the review can, without any backlash by the people who write the review on the anime, if the rating is too low. Getting a mail stating fuck you after you killed their review with low rating+reasoning is harsh.
kidan

Post by kidan »

I suppose, you won't get a "fuck you" in reply, if you rated the review low and gave some constructive criticism in a reasonable manner.

I disagree with your suggestion, as anonymous comments would surely introduce more flaming of reviewers from the readers.

PS: You can always tell a mod about inappropriate messages. But don't whine too much, as the mod might get annoyed.
vud911

Post by vud911 »

If the review is garbage, I'll rate it as garbage - with a 1, inclusive with comments stating why it is garbage.

I think the idea is good. Why should a person be afraid to be low rating if the the review meets the criteria for it because they fear backlash from the reviewer? There's some people who writes with no justifications of their ratings, filled with swears, and I'm suppose to magically give them above par rating because of the 'they see my nick' factor?
kidan

Post by kidan »

Well, if you think the review is crap and so is the reviewer. Why do you care for his opinion at all?
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Just delete the message... kids these days, so fragile...

Rar
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

seriously. i think we have way more problems with ppl voting too low in their review comments than ppl voting to high.
IMHO allowing anonymous review comments would, overall, only make things worse and not better.

BYe!
EXP
vud911

Post by vud911 »

Good points above. Never mind on the suggestion.