hide function [OLD REQ]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

yorkhung

hide function [OLD REQ]

Post by yorkhung »

Hello

I have used AniDB for about an year, and I really love it.
It offers me the best source to animation.
But after watching numbers of anime, it's getting harder to find a new one to watch.
I am here to request two function

The first one is simplier.

1.Hide movie / anime

I only watch anime series, but not movie.
Every movie only has about 1-2 hours, but they take a space.
It would be great if I can hide movies out of my view, so I don't accident click on it and waste both my time and internet resources.
Similerly, other people might only want to watch movie, so hide anime series would be a great function for them.

2.Hide have watched

If my guess is right, the current mylist is judging by a single file, but not the complete series. It makes things harder to manage. For example, I want to add Inuyasha to mylist so I can hide it next time I view the list. But because the large number of episols ( about 150 ). It's take forever to add files to mylist. I think adding one anime is better than adding individual file.

Thanks.
egg

Post by egg »

I think that anime that are blacklisted should be hidden would handle your first request if implemented, you would just have to mark movies as blacklisted when you run across them.

For the second one, I'm not sure I get exactly what you are mean, but Mylist: Advanced Filters would probably handle what you are looking for...
yorkhung

Post by yorkhung »

Thank you for the replay. I'm looking forward to the "anime that are blacklisted should be hidden" function.

For the second part.

I am hoping that I can add the whole series of anime to "Anime watched" instead of adding every single file.

Right now, I can selete all file, and add all of them to mylist. However, the process take a really long time and it is not useful for someone like me.As an anime viewer, I download files with most number of sources, share for several week, and then delete it from my harddrive. I have to spend time finding the file and click 147 times in order to let the system remember that I have watched Inuyasha series. Not to mention there are many more anime to add.

I really hope I can click only once and I can tell the system that I have watched it, so I can hide it from the lsit when I try to find a new anime to watch.

Thank you.
kidan

Post by kidan »

If you've got the file, why don't you just hash it quickly and then use the ed2kdump-function of aniDB? Or you could use AOM the aniDB-client as well.
You're making up problems where there are none actually.
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

If you add one episode from Inu Yasha then the series should be removed from the animelist if want to hide the anime that you have. I've seen the first 19 episodes from G.i.t.S:S.A.C and it is hidden as well when I use this feature. The complete series is 26 episodes long so you don't need to add the entire series :).
yorkhung

Post by yorkhung »

Thanks! Good to hear!