[BUG] Voting no longer works...

Forum for discussing AniDB rules & standards. No small talk!

Moderator: AniDB

NetKnight

[BUG] Voting no longer works...

Post by NetKnight »

I've enjoyed using the AniDB site for several years now and for the last year or more I have rated all of the anime that I have seen.

However recently, since about the time that the voting was changed to pluses, your system is no longer counting my votes (permanent ratings).

I have even come back several hours later and my vote is not counted. I think there is a bug in your system. The total votes does not change and the voting graph does not reflect the added vote.

The vote that I cast does show up after Rating. However, even if I revoke my vote and cast it again, it is not counted.
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

a bug in the system? haha, more like hundreds... anyway, the rating is not updated in realtime like it was before. (i think it is once every 24h now)
meis

Post by meis »

i vote like a dog i mean i vote a lot almost every anime i seen before i will surely vote it, it better be working otherwise our effort will be waste
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Then you're exactly the kind of person the system is aimed at discouraging. Go vote like a dog elsewhere - ratings are for your personal use, not to try and game rankings.

Rar
Hoerie

Post by Hoerie »

For some people that is exactly what "for your personal use" means I guess ;-)
Sosseres

Post by Sosseres »

I personally use amount of votes as an indicator of how popular a series is, regardless if it is good or not (the score helps a little on that account). Since I think that way I also vote on everything.
I also vote to keep track of what I have watched myself, works better than the mylist feature once one is on the description page... It is also helpful for later referral about how good one thought the anime was. Must be even worse for those with a serious amount of anime watched. I only have a 300 or so in my list, so I am still a noob. :(