AniDB Ignoring Files.

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Ratheart

AniDB Ignoring Files.

Post by Ratheart »

Hey guys, im wondering if anyone has had this problem before and if so, knows how to fix it ;P

I'm going through adding all my anime, and im getting alot of episodes coming up in the log as ****.*** is not present in AniDB, ignoring!
(Screen shot at end of post)

Theres a few nfo and txt and .dat files there, ignore those :P
So when i get to the end and after it renames some series, i have episodes E.G 1-50 renamed but it misses ep 4 5 6 etc.

Any suggestion?
Thanks.

hrvoje

Post by hrvoje »

Your files are most probably corrupted or you have files that are not present in anidb database. You can add those corrupted files in your mylist.

From wiki:

Corruption

An entry for a corrupted file may still be useful for others as long as it's likely that more people have the exact same corrupted file as you have. (For example if one source sent the corrupted version to many people.)

If - and only if - this is the case, you can add the file normally to AniDB, selecting CRC does not mathc official source and/or Quality: Corrupted if there are visible/audible errors in the file.
Warning If the corruption is based on some hard- or software-problem on your side, or if you manually edited the file, you should not add them to AniDB as they serve no purpose for other users.

Don't worry - you can still list such files properly in your mylist. For example: You have a corrupted version of group X's release. Navigate to the corresponding episode where the regular, uncorrupted version of group X's release is listed and click on the "add file ()" icon. On the next page, you can select the "Type: corrupted version/invalid crc" so that your mylist-entries properly indicate which version you have.

If there's no crc-valid version of group X added for the release you have, consider adding the episodes' generic files to your list instead.
Ratheart

Post by Ratheart »

hrvoje wrote: If - and only if - this is the case, you can add the file normally to AniDB, selecting CRC does not mathc official source and/or Quality: Corrupted if there are visible/audible errors in the file.
Where do i select CRC does not match etc?
I believe a few people have some of these files as one of my friends who downloaded the series also gets the same problem with the same series.
HiEv

Post by HiEv »

Ratheart wrote:Where do i select CRC does not match etc?
You would select the specific file from the anime, click on the Add File icon in the Action column, then under Type select "corrupted version/invalid CRC", set any other properties, and click Add.

For example, you're missing the several episode of "Ai Yori Aoshi", so you would click the "+" next to the first episode (like this,) find the episode with a matching file size or use "generic file", click the Add File icon on the right, and follow the directions given above.

Hope that helps. :)
Ratheart

Post by Ratheart »

Thanks for the reply ;)
Ill go through doing that.

Will this then make AOM pickup the file when i do scans, and rename it etc?
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

No it won't and I don't think it will anytime soon, will not be included in the next aom for certain.
Ratheart

Post by Ratheart »

Damn :P

K, thanks
Hakker

Post by Hakker »

well I have the exact same problem the weird thing is that I used the ed2k links from anidb to download them. Out of 900 files only 7 got added to mylist
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Hakker wrote:well I have the exact same problem the weird thing is that I used the ed2k links from anidb to download them. Out of 900 files only 7 got added to mylist
Most likely your hdd or your ram is fucked up. Or whatever media you're storing the files on.